My last post on this topic kind of died, and I have gathered more thoughts on votekicks.
I'm just gonna go straight into the suggestion:
1. New syntax: /votekick:player:reason(optional)
2. New pop-up: Shows the usual stuff, but added reason along with the accused player stats like rank, kills, deaths, time played, etc. If the votekicker decides to not give a reason, the pop up will say "reason not provided or is invalid"
3. Better flexibility: Players can now change their vote before the timer finishes.
4. Message pop-up: When you are about to initiate a votekick, a message will pop up on the screen with written rules of votekicking, along with warnings about what happens when it's abused. This will only show up the first time of every week when you start a votekick as a reminder of the rules.
5. An automated system will scan the reason and reject the reason if it is not valid. Examples:
Gun "abuse" invalid: Shows up on the reason box as "invalid reason" on the vote pop - up. If the votekicker puts the reason as "AA-12 spam", it will be invalidated but will still start the kick. (this may be changed)
However, this may cause a problem with people bypassing it by putting the reason as "hacking". To prevent this, the automated system will calculate the likelihood of them cheating based on recent performance and playtime, and the likelihood will show up on the votekick pop - up.
6. There will be a 5 second delay until the pop - up will allow other players to vote against a player, this will grab their attention and allow them to quickly read the information before making their decision, as most players press Y without looking.
- There is a good chance that this will be a simpler change to the system because one of the problems is players not thinking much before voting.
7. Votekick data gathering: StyLis staff will have access to other player's votekick data: how many times they were kicked, how many times they kicked, etc. This will help identify cheaters, but it won't influence the ban decision.
8. Punishments will be more apparent: Currently, punishments are just a slap on the wrist to those who are constantly abusing the votekick system.
You will only gain an infraction if there is clear evidence that you intended abuse of the system or have been caught kicking someone for an invalid reason. Every 2 weeks you will lose your latest infraction.
1st infraction: chat banned for 1 in - game hour.
2nd infraction: chat banned for 6 in - game hours.
3rd infraction: chat banned for 12 in - game hours.
4th infraction: chat banned for for 1 in - game day
5th infraction: chat ban for 3 in - game days, permanent removal of votekick permission..
Players who receive infractions will need to read an infraction message of which will show you your punishment, infraction info, and the rules of votekicking before being able to play the game again.
Future infractions will be a repetition of the 5th infraction, and losing an infraction won't begin the last punishment due to the latest one running out.
Also, most chat bans will run out based on play time, not real life time. This is to prevent someone from sleeping off a chat ban.
Please state your opinions about my suggestion. I may expand this.