How the devs made the aim & accuracy update

• Thought it was going to be a Rick rolled link lol. Great video, enjoyed watching it!

• SVGSig Oh shit welcome back man

• Contractor

I know this is made as a humorous video, but there is a lot more in the picture than the context gives.
    PF is old. The framework hasn't had a rewrite since early 2015 (It's also way beyond the point of a possible rewrite and maintain all the functionality as all the server and client code together in PF is about almost 200k characters, which is about the equivalent of the first 3 harry potter books.) We even we hit lua's upvalue limit (which is 60 upvalues in the scope) and local limit (which is 200 locals in the scope) which prevented the proceeding of equipment. We eventually had to work around the upvalue limit and the frameworks quality went downhill.
    Roblox has since made luau (Their own spin on lua) which raised the upvalue limit. But the framework is at the point if you add or change a line you are likely to break something or cause a obscure game breaking bug.
    Currently in test place I'm restructuring a bunch of it to be in modulescripts, so later down the line we can better maintain and make additions and rewrite stuff. Currently it's hard to add content that won't require extra scripting but hopefully in the future this may be not a problem.

TL;DR: PF is getting hard to maintain. And it's code is about the size of 3 harry potter books, but in the future it may be possible to add content other than guns and attachments without everything breaking.

• Raspy_Pi said in How the devs made the aim & accuracy update:

TL;DR: PF is getting hard to maintain. And it's code is about the size of 3 harry potter books, but in the future it may be possible to add content other than guns and attachments without everything breaking.

Well I hope there will be more content.
    Since the recently announced CoR remake, I have no idea if the Stylis devs will still give PF some attention.

I'm personally fine if CoR remake gets about 3 updates to improve the game and then a single PF update, As long as PF does not get abandoned.

• Raspy_Pi Maybe all the fucktons of guns just added 2 harry potter books worth of code. You should get rid of some trash guns like the L85A2 and MP5/10.
    Seriously, nobody uses that shit.

Edit: Lots of people are giving me hate because I voiced my opinion. I'm sorry if I offended you.

I no longer support the idea that guns should be removed.

• derp6444

Never claim to speak for the for the entire playerbase.

• Raspy_Pi I never knew this!
    Thank you for clarifying the pf problem!

• DerpCube People paid for the skins for them (or even the gun itself). Removing it will only upset the community. There are always other ways to optimize the game enough for newer content that does not involve removing older ones.

Also, I'd beg to differ that they're useless or trash. Both of the examples you have listed all fill a niche.

• DerpCube said in How the devs made the aim & accuracy update:

Raspy_Pi Maybe all the fucktons of guns just added 2 harry potter books worth of code. You should get rid of some trash guns like the L85A2 and MP5/10.
    Seriously, nobody uses that shit.

I use that shit :(

• DerpCube I won't deny there are guns that aren't often used (I'm looking at you, A2) but you kind of picked two popular guns to insult.

• TheLastMan I wouldn't call them popular, but their niches are so obvious that it makes me wonder why he listed those two as examples.

The L85A2 is much more suited for medium-long range, while the MP5/10 is if a PDW and AR had a baby. If this isn't already obvious enough to say that this is meaningful content to have, I don't know what else is.

• Contractor

DerpCube The gun modules weren't included when calculating the character count, only the server and client scripts.

• chels they all fill a niche?
    excuse me but that niche you talked about does not exist or is rarer than netherite ore in a villager's ass.
    Deleting a few features and rewriting the game is a small price to pay for salvation.

• Contractor

DerpCube I don't think you understand that rewriting PF is basically the equivalent of making a whole new game, currently that isn't practical. It would take about half a year to rewrite PF in one go. CoR 6 has been in the works since October.

• DerpCube I just stated all my points for you. No repeats needed.

"The L85A2 is much more suited for medium-long range, while the MP5/10 is if a PDW and AR had a baby. If this isn't already obvious enough to say that this is meaningful content to have, I don't know what else is."

"People paid for the skins for them (or even the gun itself). Removing it will only upset the community. There are always other ways to optimize the game enough for newer content that does not involve removing older ones."

Also, Raspy is right in saying that rewriting PF is super tough as is.

• DerpCube

You seem to think that just because not many people use a certain gun, that nobody uses them. I really do hate your attitude.

• Raspy_Pi Actually making a whole new game would be neat.
    One vote for Phantom Forces Reborn!

• MDT I haven't seen anyone use those guns in the last few months I've played the game. We can't just sacrifice performance and game loading speed just to cater to the few who like those niche guns.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.

• DerpCube

And the comparative benefit (very little!) from from removing those guns does not outweigh the cost upon the people who do use those guns.

Hell, if loading in guns bothers you just disable the gun racks in the menu. See, the devs have already reached a solution.