How the devs made the aim & accuracy update

• chels they all fill a niche?
    excuse me but that niche you talked about does not exist or is rarer than netherite ore in a villager's ass.
    Deleting a few features and rewriting the game is a small price to pay for salvation.

• Contractor

DerpCube I don't think you understand that rewriting PF is basically the equivalent of making a whole new game, currently that isn't practical. It would take about half a year to rewrite PF in one go. CoR 6 has been in the works since October.

• DerpCube I just stated all my points for you. No repeats needed.

"The L85A2 is much more suited for medium-long range, while the MP5/10 is if a PDW and AR had a baby. If this isn't already obvious enough to say that this is meaningful content to have, I don't know what else is."

"People paid for the skins for them (or even the gun itself). Removing it will only upset the community. There are always other ways to optimize the game enough for newer content that does not involve removing older ones."

Also, Raspy is right in saying that rewriting PF is super tough as is.

• DerpCube

You seem to think that just because not many people use a certain gun, that nobody uses them. I really do hate your attitude.

• Raspy_Pi Actually making a whole new game would be neat.
    One vote for Phantom Forces Reborn!

• MDT I haven't seen anyone use those guns in the last few months I've played the game. We can't just sacrifice performance and game loading speed just to cater to the few who like those niche guns.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.

• DerpCube

And the comparative benefit (very little!) from from removing those guns does not outweigh the cost upon the people who do use those guns.

Hell, if loading in guns bothers you just disable the gun racks in the menu. See, the devs have already reached a solution.

• ExKaySeedy You do have a point there.

Perhaps I'm just sick of the meta stagnating. It would be nice if these underused guns were balanced to be relevant again.

Basically, I want irrelevant guns to be removed, or made relevant again.

• DerpCube

A noble endeavour, but at the end of the day a meta will always emerge.

Hopefully the addition of more unique attachments per gun in the Test Place will provide more incentive for players to leave their comfort zones.

• ExKaySeedy I think there are enough gun attachments right now. I think tweaking the gun stats is the best way to bring back irrelevant weapons.

• DerpCube

Man, you're annoying. More than just a "few" people use the AK-103 and AK-105. They're both quite underrated.

• Contractor

DerpCube It's easy for you to say. But you aren't doing the actual work. There is a difference in outcome between sitting on a lounge chair telling people what to do while not taking part in the actual work. Compared to somebody who is experienced and puts actual thought and consideration into their input.
    The first results in people not considering your input and flat out ignoring you. The latter results in people actually considering your input and actually giving feedback on the circumstances.
    So I'm giving you a suggestion, take a look at what you are saying and what I'm saying before I ignore you. I don't have to take your input. You are not entitled to my workflow.

• Raspy_Pi said in How the devs made the aim & accuracy update:

DerpCube It's easy for you to say. But you aren't doing the actual work. There is a difference in outcome between sitting on a lounge chair telling people what to do while not taking part in the actual work. Compared to somebody who is experienced and puts actual thought and consideration into their input.
    The first results in people not considering your input and flat out ignoring you. The later results in people actually considering your input and actually giving feedback on the circumstances.
    So I'm giving you a suggestion, take a look at what you are saying and what I'm saying before I ignore you. I don't have to take your input. You are not entitled to my workflow.

I understand, and I'm going to leave my ideas as they are right now: a suggestion. I'll look into this a bit myself, and try to understand your point of view.
    Thanks for your feedback, and keep up the great work with everything!

i'm sorry if I offended you earlier.

• MDT really?
    please elaborate.
    I just haven't seen an AK-103/105 user since mid 2019.

• DerpCube

Here's your evidence:

As soon as I turned rank 103, I mained the AK-103. Currently have 800+ kills on it. Am currently working with the AK-105 with about 400 kills on it.

Stop acting so entitled. It's quite annoying to see someone like you act like a developer when you're clearly not.

• MDT what did you main before?

• @OTs-12

I didn't really main a weapon before. I'm not one to only use one gun and one gun only. I love using a ton of different weapons which is why PF is a perfect game for me with its vast supply of different weapons to use. AUG HBAR and M60 were really the only guns I "mained" until I got bored of killing everyone and moved onto less "OP" weapons.

• MDT , Raspy_Pi
    I'm sorry if I sounded entitled, or demanding.

I will admit that I didn't do a great job of phrasing my thoughts, and they may sound demanding and entitled.
    I do understand that I don't understand what it's like to be a developer, and that I need to understand them before suggesting unfeasible courses of action.

Personally, I am offended by you aggressively calling out my supposed "entitled behavior", but I see why people could see me that way, even though my intentions were to merely suggest, not demand.

Frankly, I do want to see my ideas implemented into the game, but I DO NOT want to enforce my ideas or demand them in any way.

• DerpCube yooooooooooooooooooooooooo i have found the next gen karen

• DerpCube said in How the devs made the aim & accuracy update:

You should get rid of some trash guns like the L85A2 and MP5/10.

alt text