Gun of the Day Suggestion.

• Alright, so this suggestion will help solve 3 things:

• People asking for more attention with weapons for low ranks.
    • People wanting to try out X gun while being too low ranked or have no credits.
    • Some guns being ignored.

I present you:

Gun of the Day!

It's very simple, Every day a random gun from the game will be selected to be the Gun of the Day!
    This gun for an entire day will get the following things:

• The gun is free to use for everyone!
      • Anyone who does not own this gun by the end of the day will automatically unequip it.
      • The gun tooltip in the UI is colored green if it's the Gun of the Day.
    • A 25 XP bonus kill reward for making a kill with the Gun of the Day.
    • Players that equip the Gun of the Day but do not actually own them cannot unlock skins or buy attachments for it, They can only run it stock.

Litteraly EVERY gun can become Gun of the Day, EVERY GUN! No melee's or grenades though.

Yes, this suggestion has some cons, such as if a very annoying gun is selected as Gun of the Day (BFG 50, AA-12, MG3KWS,...) but this way the low ranks actually have a chance to give high rank guns a try for a day + Underused weapons actually have a chance to shine in battle.

So, what do you guys think of this?

• I like it, expect the fact about you have to run it stock, I don’t see a reason why people can’t earn and use attachments for it (remember your kills for a gun save even if you don’t have it) Other than that it’s fine.

• I like the idea, not sure if it'll get implemented though. Do the devs even care about suggestions on here?

• Darkman_Bree Every gun you say?

Just imagine ZIP-22 and M231 becomes gun of the day, oh how mad all the low-ranks would be.

• Apollo That's a way to say to them "You really shouldn't use those guns if you don't know what you are doing".

• I’m completely on board with this.

• Banned

I'm not too sure about how they will make a gun unlock and then relock itself. I can see this being good but couldn't we just have a literal shooting range server where we can use these guns without having them being used practically in the main game? Could save much more development time than this.

• Audi_t said in Gun of the Day Suggestion.:

I'm not too sure about how they will make a gun unlock and then relock itself.

They've done it in the test place

• @dany47474747 Bruh he's banned, no point in replying to him.

• Ikea Cat They might as well delete all his posts then

• @dany47474747 That's from april default pfp

• big fan of the idea, but a few changes

1. attachments should be able to be unlocked. similar to how you can unlock some attachments on guns you dont have simply by picking it up and killing people
    2. not every gun should have a chance, maybe just underused, like KAC SRR, AK105, etc. imagine every phantom forces server being aa-12 spammers, which dont really allow you to do anything else (if you were in test place when the mg42 came out, you know just how annoying it was when u wanted to test smth else but was constantly being sprayed down by 1500rpm madness)

• tinywasabi Maybe the pools get chosen by mods, and it can be the mod gun!

• tinywasabi said in Gun of the Day Suggestion.:

attachments should be able to be unlocked. similar to how you can unlock some attachments on guns you dont have simply by picking it up and killing people

This suggestion has been made half a year ago, I can agree with this now.

tinywasabi said in Gun of the Day Suggestion.:

not every gun should have a chance, maybe just underused, like KAC SRR, AK105, etc. imagine every phantom forces server being aa-12 spammers, which dont really allow you to do anything else (if you were in test place when the mg42 came out, you know just how annoying it was when u wanted to test smth else but was constantly being sprayed down by 1500rpm madness)

Every gun gets a chance, It's something we will have to accept if a hateful gun gets selected.

• Darkman_Bree But what's the point of giving everyone a very popular gun? Isn't the point of this to shine light on the lesser used ones that they haven't used before?

• tinywasabi Yes, but the chance of a list of low popular guns is higher than 1 very popular gun.
    Besides, it's only for one day, if it is a popular gun and it is abused, you could wait it out.

• I like how someone replied to this out of nowhere and this thread got revived

• Apollo I replied lol

• BFG gets chosen--- oh nonononono

• @Ikea-Foot i mean it wouldnt be a bad idea. most people who are aware of how bad the bfg is likely already would have the bfg, and those who wouldn't would get a chance first hand to see how the bfg is no match for others