Darkman's gun review - DRAGUNOV SVDS

• Regular

Click to go back to the Gun Reviews Hub

1ea7c4e4-374a-4b0e-bbea-42aa05c886ff-image.png

Overview

The Dragunov SVDS is a Russian semi automatic sniper rifle!
    It is unlocked at Rank 104!

It deals a good 70 -> 60 damage, having a x1.8 headshot multiplier that allows one shot headshots and a x1.43 torso multiplier that allows one shot torso kills up until 70 studs.
    A special thing is that this thing has a huge minimum range of 250 studs, taking a long time to drop down the damage!
    It has a regular muzzle velocity of 2650 studs/s, good aim is required because of the lack of a free scope!
    It also has quite good penetration and lower than average suppression!

It fires at 60 RPM and does not need any rechambering, this means it can only shoot once per second making this the slowest semi automatic sniper rifle in the game.
    It feeds from 10 round magazines, taking a long time to run out, reloading takes a quite long 3.1 seconds or 4 seconds if empty, so take cover when you finally need to reload.

It has a high recoil kick and very slow recovering speed, but it does recover just fast enough for the rifle to fire again.

It has okay iron sights, but not the best, they do zoom in very hard though.

d1b56f5e-336a-4df4-af8c-12da2767cbe7-image.png

Full Stock

Turns the handguard into wood and the stock in a wooden full stock, turning your gun into the Dragunov SVD!

(+) Decreased overall recoil!
    (+) Increased recoil recovery speed!
    (-) Decreased aiming and equipping speed!
    (-) Decreased walk speed!

9.6x53 Conv.

Chambers your Dragunov SVDS in the 9.6x53mm LANCASTER round, turning it into a close range rifle!

(+) Increased damage to 80 -> 70!
    (+) Increased overall range!
    (+) Increased penetration!
    (+) Increased suppression!
    (+) Increased ammo reserve to 55!
    (-) Decreased headshot multiplier to x1.3!
    (-) Decreased torso multiplier to x1.3!
    (-) Decreased magazine capacity to 5!
    (-) Can no longer one shot headshot past 90 studs!
    (-) Decreased muzzle velocity to 1900 studs/s!
    (-) Increased overall recoil!
    (-) Decreased recoil recovery speed!

For this, a close range loadout is required.

• OKP-7
    • Loudener
    • Skeleton Grip
    • Retract Stock / Remove Stock
    • 9.6x53 Conv.

Attachments

The Dragunov SVDS has some unique attachments, being the Short Barrel, Romanian Grip, Hera CQR Grip, Retract Stock, Remove Stock, Full Stock and 9.6x53 Conv.!

• Since this weapon is a sniper rifle, it has access to the scopes of other snipers in optics for 5000 kills!

If you want a loadout, I recommend you this:

• PU-1 Scope / Any 5000 kill sniper scope.
    • Muzzle Brake
    • Sideways Grip
    • Retract Stock / Remove Stock

Trivia

• Despite this weapon being a semi automatic, it fires slower than some bolt action sniper rifles.
    • This weapon used to be catagorized as a DMR!
    • This and the Steyr Scout are the only sniper rifles without a default or free scope, forcing you to grind for one.
    • When it was first added, it used a 5 round magazine.
    • This gun was released extremely quickly, not even appearing in the test place or atleast for a very short time.

My opinion on this gun

A cool weapon but lacking in performance.
    The thing that draws me back from fully liking this gun is the very slow fire rate.

I rate this gun a 8.5/10!

Click to go back to the Gun Reviews Hub

• The Dragunov, being semi automatic, could fire as fast as the user could pull the trigger. The SVU-A variant, which doesn’t change the operation of the rifle besides being bullpup, fires at around 650 RPM.

• Regular

CamaroKidBB When asking for Mar for a RPM buff to the SVDS, he told me the SVD can only fire at 30 RPM.

• The 9.6 Lancaster variant of the SVDS is the TG3 isp. 02 !https://ak.kalashnikovgroup.ru/card/tg3_isp-_02-_skladnoy_priklad). Its full stock counterpart is the TG3 (https://ak.kalashnikovgroup.ru/card/tg3). Due to Lancaster oval bore not having distinct lands and grooves, it is legally considered smoothbore in Russia. Hence, the TG3 and TG3 isp. 02 are legally shotguns, despite not being designed to fire shot whatsoever.

• Darkman_Bree ...which is bullshit because he just buffed the Mosin to fire at 70 RPM, which is a highly optimistic fire rate for a bolt-action with the ergonomics that the Mosin has. And this is coming from someone who has trained and shot with a Mosin. On other bolt guns, the Lee-Enfield stance can easily be replicated on them for a faster fire rate due to how close the bolt is to the grip. Not so on the Mosin.

Speaking of inaccuracies, I love how he claims to keep the SVDS firing slowly because supposedly “it could only shoot 30 RPM,” but then made the non-detachable Howling Raven mags detachable. Newsflash: they don’t hold 10 bullets, or ANY bullets, when they are out of the gun!

• Regular

Removed "It is the one of the only semi auto snipers that can one shot torso kill along with the M107" because I found out the WA2000 can do it too, leaving the SVU behind as the only semi auto that can't one shot torso.

• CamaroKidBB Hell, imagine if Jerry Miculek fires the Dragunov on his YT channel, will Mar buff the firerate or something?

• M4 SOPMOD II I couldn't find Jerry with a Draganov, but I did find this guy going ~3 shots a second with one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PMzLnKvGt0