Darkman's gun review - TRG-42

• Regular

Click to go back to the Gun Reviews Hub

9692bc56-d1de-4090-ac70-4997f09b8b96-image.png

Overview

The TRG-42 is a Finnish bolt action sniper rifle.
    It is unlocked at Rank 84!

It has the unique ability to completely one shot an enemy up until 35 studs dealing 100 damage up close, further than that it will drop to a low 65 damage, the only other sniper with 100 damage is the BFG 50!
    It also has a x1.25 torso multiplier and a x3.0 headshot multiplier which like almost every other sniper will allow you to one shot headshot!
    It also has a very high 3000 studs/s muzzle velocity but average penetration and suppression!

It has a poor fire rate for a bolt action sniper rifle, only having 45 RPM, slower than the Intervention, but still quite comparable.
    It has a poor magazine capacity of 5 rounds and has 45 bullets in reserve, but it reloads in a swift 2.8 seconds or a long 5.1 if empty!

Recoil wise, it has high kick but it recovers quickly before the rechambering is complete making recoil improving attachments unnecessary, at this point this is litteraly every bolt action sniper.

The iron sights are relatively okay, but not suited for long range.
    Alternatively you can equip the Sidewinder ED scope for free in optics!

.338 Norma

Replaces your ammo with .338 Norma Magnum, a smaller version of your .338 Lapua Magnum.

(+) Decreased reload duration!
    (+) Increased aiming speed.
    (+) Increased walk speed!
    (-) Decreased minimum damage to 61.75
    (-) Decreased overall range!
    (-) Decreased muzzle velocity to 2700 studs/s!
    (-) Decreased penetration!

Pretty much it makes your sniper perform overall worse in trade for better aiming and walking and a shorter reload duration!
    Not really worth it in my opinion.

Attachments

The TRG-42 has a few unique attachments, the only ones being the Short Barrel, Long Barrel, S. Bolt Pull and .338 Norma!

• The Sidewinder ED Scope is free to use on this gun!
    • Since this weapon is a sniper rifle, it has access to the scopes of other snipers in optics for 5000 kills!

If you want a loadout, I recommend you this:

• Sidewinder ED
    • Long Barrel
    • Sideways Grip
    • Tri Laser

Trivia

• The balance used to be completely different until it was changed entirely.
    • When the TRG-42 was added to Shay's gun place, the railing fell off during a group photo.

My opinion on this gun

A weirdly balanced sniper, somehow got the power to one hit enemies up close.
    I don't really have any special feelings towards this gun to be honest, I even forget it exists all the time.

I rate this gun a 9/10!

Click to go back to the Gun Reviews Hub

• might have to change this after the long barrel buff that allows it to 1-hit torso up to 200 studs

• Best shotgun in the game

• I like the PM II better than the Sidewinder.