Darkman's gun review - AWM

• Regular

Click to go back to the Gun Reviews Hub

e0e4471b-c659-4929-86fb-7070b7ed9fa6-image.png

Overview

The AWM is a British sniper rifle chambered in .338 Lapua Magnum!
    It is unlocked at Rank 82!

It deals a powerful 82 -> 77 damage, one shots to the head like most snipers and has a x1.25 torso multiplier that allows you to one shot in the torso up until 60 studs!
    It fires at 2750 studs/s muzzle velocity which is alright for a sniper, and has regular penetration and suppression!

It has a relatively slow fire rate of 50 RPM and requires rechambering after every shot and has a small 5 round magazine with 45 ammo in reserve, it takes a quick 2.8 seconds to reload or a slow 5.1 seconds if empty!

The AWM has relatively stable recoil and recovers very fast way before the rechambering process is done, making recoil improving attachments unnecessary.

It has the same iron sights as the AWS being good for close range but horrible for long range.
    Alternatively, it can equip the PM II scope for free in optics!

.338 Norma

Replaces your ammo with .338 Norma Magnum, a smaller version of your .338 Lapua Magnum.

(+) Decreased reload duration!
    (+) Increased aiming speed.
    (+) Increased walk speed!
    (-) Decreased minimum damage to 73.14
    (-) Decreased overall range!
    (-) Decreased muzzle velocity to 2475 studs/s!
    (-) Decreased penetration!

Pretty much it makes your sniper perform overall worse in trade for better aiming and walking and a shorter reload duration!
    Not really worth it in my opinion.

AWP Conv.

Turns your AWM into the famous AWP using .308 Winchester!

(+) Increased magazine capacity to 10!
    (-) Decreased ammo reserve to 30!
    (-) Decreased damage to 81 -> 70!
    (-) Decreased muzzle velocity to 2500 studs/s!
    (-) Decreased overall range!
    (-) Decreased penetration!

Basically acts like an extended magazine without the reload or weight penalties, but instead reduce your performance.
    Overall this isn't much of a good idea, but if you like the AWP so much, it should have no problems being used.

Attachments

The AWM has a few unique attachments, the only ones being the Hera CQR Grip, S. Bolt Pull, .338 Norma and AWP Conv.!

• The PM II Scope is free to use on this gun!
    • Since this weapon is a sniper rifle, it has access to the scopes of other snipers in optics for 5000 kills!

If you want a loadout, I recommend you this:

• PM II
    • Loudener
    • Sideways Grip
    • Tri Laser

Since barrels have no point on this sniper, the Loudener makes this sniper sound very deadly.

Trivia

• It used to be named L115A3 ingame.

My opinion on this gun

Quite fun sniper to use.
    It is pretty much an all rounder sniper rifle but with higher damage and a 5 round magazine!
    Overall it is cool!

I rate this gun a 9/10!

Click to go back to the Gun Reviews Hub

• Could you explain why you recommend the sideways grip? It seems to be quite an uncommon grip.

• Regular

moosipea The Sideways Grip allows you to alt aim, a mechanic useful for snipers that have the ability to one shot in the torso up close, this is for self defense if you can't switch to your secondary in time.

• Darkman_Bree but noscoping offers near dead on accuracy even though the crosshair is comically huge... And deceitful.

• Regular

KommandoKazumi Still more accurate than hipfiring.
    Atleast you know you are aiming and there's no way your sniper will sway from a vault or accidental sprint.

• pretty sure they buffed 1hk torso to 92 studs, just reading off of the changenotes of the crimbo part 1 update google doc

• Regular

urbanestdog45 I exclude the torso multiplier bonus with range since I don't know how to calculate that.