Darkman's gun review - AWS

• Regular

Click to go back to the Gun Reviews Hub

8db51135-0465-469c-a046-6b0443e52b63-image.png

Overview

The AWS is a British bolt action sniper being the internally suppressed version of the AWM!
    It is unlocked at Rank 41!

This big sniper is silent, you won't be detected in the radar making you hard to detect, keep your location a secret and often change spots, this way you can get alot of kills without enemies noticing you at all.

It deals a good 80 -> 70 damage falling off at 50 studs, can one shot headshot and has a x1.25 torso multiplier that allows one shot in the torso up until the 50 studs!
    It has extremely poor muzzle velocity of 2250 studs/s with no way of improving it unfortunately.
    It also has poor penetration and suppression for a sniper rifle.

It has a decent fire rate of 55 RPM, quite fast, but remember that you need to rechamber your sniper after every shot!
    It feeds from large 10 round magazines, making it unlikely to run out of ammo anytime soon, it even takes a swift 2.8 seconds to reload or a long 5.1 seconds if empty!

It has relatively low recoil and recovers way before you can shoot again, making it an accurate sniper.

The default iron sights are quite big but not recommended for long range usage, use the free PM II scope you get if you want long range capabilities.

Attachments

The AWS has lacks in unique attachments, the only ones being the Hera CQR Grip and S. Bolt Pull!

• The PM II Scope is free to use on this gun!
    • Since this weapon is a sniper rifle, it has access to the scopes of other snipers in optics for 5000 kills!
    • Since this weapon uses .308 Winchester, it has access to the Silent ammo!

If you want a loadout, I recommend you this:

• PM II
    • Sideways Grip
    • Tri Laser

Trivia

• It used to have a 5 round magazine before it got buffed!
    • Despite being suppressed, it can still use Silent ammo to become even more silent.

My opinion on this gun

I don't quite use this often.
    But I know it has improved over time, it used to have horrible muzzle velocity.
    Well, it still does but...
    It seriously improved.

I rate this gun a 8/10!

Click to go back to the Gun Reviews Hub

• Ah yes, the garbage rifle.

• The sounds pretty much came from a suppressed shotgun lol