Darkman's gun review - STEVENS DB

• Regular

Click to go back to the Gun Reviews Hub

f59a71a2-1bef-4fa3-9d5e-32300b5ee96a-image.png

Overview

The Stevens DB is a double barreled shotgun, popular in culture!
    It is unlocked at Rank 81!

This gun has it all, high damage? check, low spread? check, good fire rate? check.
    It fires the regular 8 pellets per shot and deals a powerful 36 -> 19 damage per pellet, 3 hits are required to kill until 75 studs to where it drops to 6 hits!
    It also has the 2nd lowest pellet spread of all the shotguns only being beaten by the KS-23M!
    It has decent penetration, decent muzzle velocity and high suppression!

It fires at a good 200 RPM and has an optional Burst mode that fires both shots INSTANTLY at once with no delay.
    Keep in mind that you are sure that you will hit your target if you use the Burst mode.
    If your enemy is close, it is better to use Semi so you can save your last shot for another enemy!

It only has 2 shells in the magazine, the lowest of any shotgun and has a reserve of 50 ammo, be careful of when you fire because you will be screwed if you waste both shots!
    It takes 2.8 seconds to reload a single shell and 3.1 seconds to reload both shells at once!

It has quite some recoil kick, it can be improved with attachments, but the chances of missing your 2nd shot because of the recoil are pretty slim.

It only has front iron sights which are very open.
    Alternatively you can use T to alt aim like every other shotgun!

Shotgun ammo analysis

Flechette:

Increases penetration and maximum range for less ammo reserve and max damage!

• Damage: 28.8 -> 19
    • Max range: 90
    • Penetration: 1.5
    • Ammo reserve: 40

Flechette on this gun will drop your close range damage to the point you need to hit 4 pellets to kill, making it a poor choice for this shotgun unless you really want that penetration!

Birdshot:

Increases pellets fired per shot and max range for less muzzle velocity, penetration, damage and ammo reserve!

• Damage: 34.19 -> 17.1
    • Pellets fired: 16
    • Max range: 90
    • Penetration: 0.1
    • Muzzle velocity: 900

No real damage impacts, but spread is increased due to the lower muzzle velocity!
    A decent ammo for your shotgun!

Rubber Pellets:

Increases max damage and suppression for less pellets, less minimum damage, less penetration and various other stats.

• Damage: 46.8 -> 17.1
    • Range: 67.5 -> 101.5
    • Pellets fired: 6
    • Torso multiplier: x0.9
    • Penetration: 0.1
    • Suppression: 5.0
    • Recoil: Overall decreased!

Makes your shotgun be able to 3 hit enemies up close and cause extreme suppression however it limits the pellets fired to 6 per shot, decreasing the amount of hits you can give an enemy and becomes absolutely horrible to use at long range.
    The x0.9 torso multiplier drops the damage to 42.12 -> 15.39 so try to hit the limbs or the head!

Slugs:

Massive increase in damage while only firing 1 big and more accurate pellet!

• Damage: 108 -> 47.5
    • Torso multiplier: x1.2
    • Headshot multiplier: x2.29
    • Pellet spread: 0.315
    • Muzzle velocity: 1800
    • Penetration: 2.0

Pretty much turns your shotgun into a sniper, but it is not a 100% accurate sniper since there is still minor spread!
    It can one shot anywhere up until 75 studs, and then drops to where you can only one hit to the head and 2 hit torso shot.
    If you set it to burst and both shots hit, it is a guaranteed kill at long range in the torso and head!

Attachments

The Stevens DB has no unique attachments!
    Since this gun is a shotgun, it has access to Flechette, Birdshot, Rubber Pellets and Slugs ammo!

• Cannot equip Suppressors except the Muffler.
    • Barrel attachments cost twice as many kills because it equips two of the same barrel attachments on the two barrels.

If you want a loadout, I recommend you this:

• Mini Sight
    • Muzzle Brake
    • Angled Grip
    • Tri Laser

Trivia

• Keep in mind that atleast 1 pellet of your shotgun will always stay 100% accurate in the center of your shot!
    • It was very popular to snipe with using Slugs, because there was a point it always one shotted no matter what while using Burst!
    • It is the first shotgun to be added that did not require to be rechambered after every shot.
    • This gun was originally in the CTE as the IZH-43 but got removed.
      • A special attachment was available for that gun called the "Super Shot" which basically turned your gun into Burst firing both shots at once, basically how the Burst mode works now.
    • On the right side of the stock, the word "Boom" is carved into it.

My opinion on this gun

I actually haven't used this gun in a while, but I do know it is very powerful.
    You can't joke around with this gun, it will get you somehow.

I rate this gun a 9/10!

Click to go back to the Gun Reviews Hub

• I got 2.2k kills on this because I bought it at rank 40+ lol

• Regular

M4 SOPMOD II I got somewhere 2000 too because I grinded every shotgun to unlock Slugs at some point.

• It's kinda funny that there's a system that reloads single shot break actions, yet I've wondered if it could be possible to attach it to a double-barrel and have it modified to function for a double barrel as well.

• KommandoKazumi Alof system?

Tbh it would be more appropriate on the M79, considering that is actually a single shot break action.

• idk y but i use burst mode always. no exceptions. even in cqc i use burst.

• CamaroKidBB Alof system is only in 12 and 10 gauge afaik, not 40mm.

Also there's China Lake for that, turns the M79 into a pump action with one in the chamber and like 2 or 3 spare rounds in reserve

• I use this gun with no attachments at all, except ammo, because the barrel mounted attachments look really ugly.