Darkman's gun review - TOMMY GUN

• Click to go back to the Gun Reviews Hub

979b8771-9768-4d8e-8c3b-5e5ad5a9943b-image.png

Overview

The Tommy Gun is an American SMG from World War 2 also known as the Thompson.
    It is unlocked at Rank 121!

This powerful weapon fires at 725 RPM and deals 37 -> 19 damage, quite low for a .45 ACP weapon but it will do the job.
    It will 3 hit enemies up until 60 studs!
    It has average penetration and high suppression and fires at 1500 studs/s muzzle velocity!

It only feeds from 20 round magazines which run out quickly and takes a quite long 2.5 seconds to reload it, 3.1 seconds if empty, so be careful with your ammo or you will pay the price, it does have a large ammo reserve of 160 bullets to compensate for this!
    It is a relatively heavy weapon, movement is a bit lower compared to other PDW's and aiming is slower too!

It has very controllable recoil, even for longer ranges, it does have a bit of horizontal kick which can be fixed with the Compensator, this will make your gun more accurate and can become a very deadly PDW!
    The hipfire is extremely stable, even staying accurate for longer ranges!

The iron sights are hard to see through, they should be changed ASAP, luckily this gun can unfold them by equipping the free Lyman Sight optic!
    If you use the 50rd Drum attachment, you can alt aim like the mobsters in the movies!

d9e2b1d8-d09d-4109-be1f-21b36156daf1-image.png

30rd Mag

A larger magazine, your Tommy Gun now has the average amount of ammo in a magazine for most guns!

(+) Increased magazine capacity to 30!
    (-) Decreased ammo reserve to 120!
    (-) Slight decrease in aim speed and walk speed!

No reload duration penalty, making it a great alternative from your tiny 20 round magazine!

dea9efe4-801f-4816-80e7-d1eb471ed876-image.png

50rd Drum

Adds a big drum to your Tommy Gun, this is one of the things that makes this gun famous!

(+) Ability to alt aim using T!
    (+) Increased magazine capacity to 50!
    (-) Decreased ammo reserve to 100!
    (-) Decreased aim and walk speed!
    (-) Increased reload duration!

Take some cover while reloading this big drum, since it will take a while.
    You can aim like the mobsters with this drum, so it is a free alt aim!

50dc43b1-d6ee-40a0-9fd1-4b20e6418f01-image.png

Box Grip

Replaces your wooden grip with the famous wooden box grip from the M1 Thompson!
    Renames your gun to Thompson!

(+) Minor improvement to hipfire spread and damping!

Barely changes your gun at all, but it is a straight upgrade for sure!

M1919 Conv.

Changes your Tommy Gun's internals to be like the M1919 Submachine gun.

(+) Insane increase in fire rate to 1500 RPM!
    (-) Overall increase in recoil!
    (-) Slight decrease in hipfire recovery speed!

Very hard to control but makes your gun fire rapidly fast.
    Extremely deadly for close range!

Attachments

The Tommy Gun has the average amount of attachments like most other guns with a few extra's like the Lyman Sight, Osprey Suppressor, Box Grip, Remove Stock, 30rd Mag, 50rd Drum and M1919 Conv..

• Since this gun fires .45 ACP, this gun has access to the Plus P and Special ammo types.
    • Equipping grips replaces the big wooden grip.

If you want a loadout, I recommend you this:

• Mini Sight
    • Compensator
    • Angled Grip
    • 50rd Drum

Trivia

• This gun was shortly added after my dog "Tommy" died IRL, in honor I have used it for a long time as my main PDW.
    • This gun as a ton more nicknames, one of them is used as a dev gun "Typewriter".
    • When this gun was added, it reused the Thompson's sounds from CoR5 for a while.

My own opinion on this gun

Amazing gun.
    Accurate, powerful and historic!

It's so good, I love it.

I rate this gun a 10/10!

Click to go back to the Gun Reviews Hub

• Damn, sad to see your dog die.

• M4 SOPMOD II Yeah, that was a hard moment but the old forum members helped me through it.

• This is a 10/10 I can get behind. I love every time I use a Thompson, from WW2 GI cosplay, to Mafia cosplay, to Spring Offensive 1919 cosplay. Also because it’s good af.

• CamaroKidBB It fits everyone.

• CamaroKidBB Same goes with the 1911 right? (Also, wouldn't the M3 be better for WW2 GI cosplay because it's WW2 era and not WW1/interwar era (though the Thompson was still used in WW2))

• SKS Absolutely.

(Also Thompson is just more iconic; also the M3A1 in particular didn't see service until very late in WW2.)

• Darkman_Bree said in Darkman's gun review - TOMMY GUN:

This gun was shortly added after my dog "Tommy" died IRL, in honor I have used it for a long time as my main PDW.

R.I.P Tommy ;(
    On a side related note how many kills do you have with it

• dany47474747 Over 2000 in a short timespan.

• Darkman_Bree fun fact- in the prohibition era this SMG was one of the more expensive guns a gangster or mafia member could own, despite movies and pop culture associating the two together. In place of Thompsons most used surplus pistols or revolvers instead along with far cheaper alternatives. Adding to that, the Thomspon was advertised to law enforcement agencies as an "anti-bandit gun" despite criminal organizations almost exclusively employing it in a rather cruel form of irony.

• I never knew it had the M1919 conversion...

• moosipea Well, it is crazy ;)