Darkman's gun review - MP10

• Click to go back to the Gun Reviews Hub

dc3545c8-5fe1-4d80-9c90-92266f686828-image.png

Overview

The MP10 is an American heavily customized MP5.
    It is unlocked at Rank 66!

This gun is significantly weaker than the MP5 at close range but shines at longer ranges for a PDW.
    It deals 29 -> 23 damage, it loses damage at 80 studs, it is one of the few PDW's that can 5 hit kill at long range!
    It fires at a faster fire rate than the MP5, 50 RPM faster firing at 850 RPM!

It feeds from regular 30 round MP5 magazines but slower, it is a PDW that did not get its reload duration shortened when a bunch of other PDW's got that buff, it takes 2.5 seconds to reload or 3.5 if it's empty.

One of the visible advantages of this gun is the integrated flashlight, it will always have it with you no matter what loadout you take. (Unless you turn it off on purpose with "Flashlight off" attachment), you will be able to light up dark area's easily without needing to sacrifice your laser sights, grips or optics.

The recoil of the MP10 kicks quite hard but remains controllable, it has a little amount of horizontal recoil but it does not fix it that much with the Compensator unfortunately, the Muzzle Brake does the job better on this weapon.
    Like with most PDW's, the MP10 is quite stable with hipfiring.

The iron sights are easy to see through, it should cause no problems.

Attachments

The MP10 does not have many unique attachments, they are the: Osprey Suppressor, Long Barrel and Flashlight off.

• Since this gun fires 9x19mm, this gun has access to the Plus P ammo type.

If you want a loadout, I recommend you this:

• DDHB Reflex
    • Muzzle Brake
    • Angled Grip
    • Tri Laser

Trivia

• It is the only gun in the game with an integrated flashlight.
    • If you equip the 2 Flashlights and the Maglite optic you will have a total of 4 flashlights on one gun.
    • Despite being a heavily customized MP5, it exists in real life but with jamming issues.
      • It is used in GTA IV as the SMG.

My own opinion on this gun

Okay, this is a fun gun.

It acts more like a carbine, it is quite powerful but less rewarding for close range, but it is still a PDW!
    It is a fun gun to use, especially during my low rank days.

I rate this gun a 8.5/10!

Click to go back to the Gun Reviews Hub

• tbh, the only true recommended loadout is maglite optic, flashlight, potato grip and that's about it

• I like this MP5 variant.

• I freaking love this gun. You can make it a long ranged beast with armor piercing or a CQC beast with muzzle booster and hollow point (the recoil with muzzle booster is still low af)
    just mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• the better hk416 (excluding hk337)