Darkman's gun review - SCAR HAMR

• Click to go back to the Gun Reviews Hub

9d712f49-5ccc-48a1-ac51-1c578d1e3d6e-image.png

Overview

The SCAR HAMR is the LMG variant of the SCAR-L!
    It is unlocked at Rank 72!

It deals 32 -> 23 damage and has a x1.1 torso multiplier which allows you to 3 hit kill at close range and 4 hit kill at long range, so take advantage of the torso here, you start losing damage at 110 studs or further!
    However, the penetration, suppression and muzzle velocity are at the lower end for a LMG on this weapon, but it is still quite high.

This gun feeds from a 50 round magazine using 5.56x45mm NATO and fires at 650 RPM, it does have quite a reload time though of 3.9 seconds or 5 seconds when the gun is empty.

Recoil wise, this is what makes this gun shine, it is one of the most controllable LMG's out there, immediately even without attachments you will notice the low recoil it has, which can be improved with attachments to lower it even further!
    Even hipfiring is stable with this weapon!

The iron sights however though... get an optic ASAP.

2ab88013-8765-4b4a-a2aa-82318aab6de3-image.png

9mm Conv.

Changes your ammo to 9x19mm and uses a 100 double drum magazine, it has alot of benefits using this but also some negatives.

(+) Magazine capacity increased to 100!
    (+) Fire rate increased to 750 RPM!
    (+) Increased minimum damage range.
    (+) Decreased recoil!
    (+) Decreased reload duration!
    (-) Damage reduced to 28 -> 19!
    (-) Removed torso multiplier.
    (-) Decreased maximum damage range.
    (-) Lowered muzzle velocity.
    (-) Lowered penetration.
    (-) Lowered suppression.

A conversion that increases magazine capacity, decreases reload time, increase fire rate AND decrease recoil?
    What are you waiting for?

Attachments

The SCAR HAMR has some unique attachments, which are the Short Barrel, Long Barrel, Hera CQR Grip, Remove Stock, Retract Stock and 9mm Conv.

• This gun along with the other SCAR's in the game has the ability to equip the PM II Scope for 0 kills!
    • Since this gun fires 5.56x45mm NATO, this gun has access to the .223 Rem ammo type.
    • For attachments I recommend to get a different optic as soon as possible and to reduce that recoil, Suppressors that effect long range damage are not recommended.

If you want a loadout, I recommend you this:

• DDHB Reflex
    • Muzzle Brake
    • Stubby Grip
    • Tri Laser

If you wish for lower recoil, Use .223 Rem as ammo, it won't hurt your hits to kill.

Trivia

• Nothing that I can think of.

My opinion on this gun

Yeah I like this weapon.
    As soon as I unlocked it, it replaced the AUG HBAR as my main weapon during my low rank days.
    Trust me, you will love this weapon!

I rate this gun a perfect 10/10!

Click to go back to the Gun Reviews Hub

• 2 gun reviews in one day!?

• @Ikea-Cat Probably because of muzzle velocity

• @Ikea-Cat I used to use HAMR a lot, and yes .223 seems good on paper, but really eh.

The biggest thing is close range. In CQC, the HAMR does 32 damage to the limbs, and 35.2 to the torso, so it requires 1 torso shot and 2 limb-shots. When you put on .223, you need all shots to land on the torso. When you're firing at 600 RPM, one extra shot is means the difference between life and death.

The HAMR also 4-shot torso all ranges, which the remington rounds removes.

• @Ikea-Cat I'm not a fan of .223 Remington in general because of the damage reductions and muzzle velocity.
    It does ruin the benefits the torso multiplier gives on this weapon.

• Darkman_Bree Very true
    Also I love how people sacrificed their identity to copy Ikea lol