Darkman's gun review - SCAR SSR

• Click to go back to the Gun Reviews Hub

531ee211-adc7-4383-9ea0-0439ee24a575-image.png

Overview

The SCAR SSR is the DMR variant of the SCAR-H.
    It is unlocked at Rank 85!

This DMR is powerful, it deals 57 -> 48 damage, has a x1.7 torso multiplier and a x2 head multiplier!
    You can 2 hit torso kill, one hit headshot up close and 2 hit headshot past 120 studs.
    The special ability of the SCAR SSR compared to other DMR's is that it has sniper muzzle velocity, going at 3000 studs/s.
    Another impressive upside of the SCAR SSR is the great penetration depth, it reaches close to the Beowulf TCR!

The big downside of the SCAR SSR is the RPM, it has the slowest RPM of all the DMR's only firing at 220 RPM.
    Other downsides are a slower reload, 10 round magazine and low ammo reserve!

The recoil works similar to the MK11: It has large recoil but it recovers back before you can shoot again, meaning your shots will always be accurate.
    Hipfiring is very accurate but due to the slow RPM, it is not recommended.

The iron sights are hard to use, not recommended, get an optic ASAP.

6.5 Conv.

Use 6.5mm Creedmoor as ammo, this ammo is the true skill test.

• (+) Increased damage range.
    • (+) Increased headshot multiplier to x2.5
    • (+) Increased muzzle velocity to 3,300 studs/s
    • (+) Increased recoil recovery speed.
    • (-) Decreased damage to 52 -> 38.
    • (-) Decreased RPM to 200.
    • (-) Decreased torso multiplier to x1.29.
    • (-) Halved penetration depth.
    • (-) Slightly more than half decrease in suppression.

This ammo will allow you to one hit headshot at much greater distance. (Not infinite!) while also increasing muzzle velocity!
    In trade, it will make torso shots worse, decrease RPM, penetration and suppression.

This ammo is horrible for people who cannot headshot all the times or people who prefer some of the decreased stats like the penetration depth., but it is godly for headshot gods.

Attachments

The SCAR SSR has some unique attachments being the Short Barrel, Hera CQR Grip, Remove Stock, Retract Stock and 6.5 Conv.
    Since this gun uses 7.62x51mm NATO, this gun has access to the Silent ammo!

If you want a loadout, I recommend you this:

• TA01 ACOG
    • Muzzle Brake
    • Stubby Grip
    • Tri Laser

Trivia

• Also known as the SCAR-20.
    • The PM II Scope despite being a default x10 scope, it makes your aiming incredibly slow.

My opinion on this gun

I like this gun but Stylis ruined it for me.

It's really good, it's almost like a semi auto sniper.
    But what is the only reason what prevents me to use it? The sound.
    The firing sound became horrible on this weapon and should really be changed.

But stats wise, this weapon is really good.

I rate this gun a 9.5/10!

Click to go back to the Gun Reviews Hub

• Wait, 6.5 conv. Changes your headshot multiplayer to 1.25×? It should be 2.50×

• People Typo, oof, I was rushed today.