Darkman's gun review - K1A

• Click to go back to the Gun Reviews Hub

944193f4-6bb4-4651-87cc-ed07db5df40e-image.png

Overview

The K1A is a South Korean carbine!
    It is unlocked at Rank 63!

It is a deadly weapon at close range, but it becomes weak and annoying to use at long range.
    It deals 36 -> 19 damage which will melt enemies at close range but at long range it won't do much.
    The 3 hit kill range remains at until a quite long 60 studs!
    It does fire at a high 900 RPM, take advantage of this!

This weapon has some bad recoil unfortunately, with quite some horizontal recoil which needs to be tamed with various attachments but even then it will still have a quite high recoil.
    For a carbine, this weapon is bad at hipfire, so don't bother hipfiring unless absolutely needed.

It also has low muzzle velocity compared to other carbines, only 1700 studs/s, this is rather bad making long range usage not easy at all, it may be better to leave that to your secondary.

The iron sights of this weapon do not give much sight, but you can still see your enemies through.

bda97e74-d7ee-4d07-8822-de918435ddd2-image.png

.223 Rem

This gun has a special attribute to the .223 Rem ammo attachment.
    It still has the stats of the normal .223 Rem but it is combined with the stats of an Extended Magazine aswell!

(+) Magazine capacity increased to 40!
    (+) Reduced recoil!
    (-) Decreased damage to 34.19 -> 17.1!
    (-) Increased reload duration!
    (-) Decreased aim speed!
    (-) Reduced muzzle velocity!
    (-) Ammo reserve reduced to 80!

So if you really want that extended magazine, keep in mind of the cons here, especially the damage and reload time, but you do get lower recoil for it!

Attachments

The K1A does not have many unique attachments, they are the Hera CQR Grip and Retract Stock!

• Since this gun is using 5.56x45mm NATO, it has access to the .223 Rem ammo type!

If you want a loadout, I recommend you this:

• DDHB Reflex
    • Compensator
    • Stubby Grip
    • Tri Laser
    • .223 Rem

This is that one time where I actually recommend .223 Rem, it does not hurt hits to kill at all while still offering an extended magazine!

Trivia

• When this was released, it used 9x19mm as ammo by mistake.
    • Technically, this rifle can be classified as an Assault Rifle, Carbine, PDW and even a SMG according to South Korea and Daewoo/S&T Motiv.

My opinion on this gun

Yeah, not very attracted to this one.

It is powerful yes, and a high RPM, but that recoil, that is quite some recoil.
    Luckily we have .223 Rem that still keeps the gun strong and offers lower recoil and a bigger magazine!

I rate this gun a 8/10

Click to go back to the Gun Reviews Hub

• Woah you're so fast on these reviews <.<

• If that gun use the firing sound of the K1A of R6, I will be happy.

• Trivia:
    This weapon can be classified as an assault rifle (select fire, has a stock, fires intermediate cartridge), carbine (short rifle), PDW (short-barreled carbines/assault rifles can be considered PDWs, as seen with the Krinkov), and a submachine gun (according to S. Korea and Daewoo/S&T Motiv)