Darkman's gun review - VSS VINTOREZ

• Regular

Click to go back to the Gun Reviews Hub

c2342bf8-49bc-4c4a-b17b-15520f1081b6-image.png

Overview

The VSS Vintorez is the DMR version of the AS VAL!
    It is unlocked at Rank 46!

It works still very similar to the AS VAL only with higher recoil and a shortened magazine only having 10 rounds.
    The suppressor will keep you quiet and stealthy.
    The VSS Vintorez suffers from very high recoil, so you should control your fire before you waste every bullet!
    Hipfire is also quite unstable!

Keep in mind that this gun has a low muzzle velocity so long range shots will be difficult.

It has the highest RPM of all the DMR's firing at 700 RPM and it has the ability to switch to Full Auto fire mode!
    This full auto firemode should only be used for emergencies, because the insane recoil will make you miss every shot, with attachments you can make the full auto firemode somewhat controllable.

It is also a strong gun behaving like the Beowulf ECR but it is stronger, it deals 55 -> 38 damage and has a torso multiplier of x1.4 and a headshot multiplier of x1.8.
    This allows 2 hit torso shots at any range, the headshot multiplier does not change shots to kill.

It has quite an obstructive iron sights for long range, use scopes whenever possible and combine it with a short range alternative sight like the C79 or TA01 ACOG.

Attachments

The VSS Vintorez has some unique attachments being the Collapsible Stock and Retract Stock.

• No barrel attachments
    • Collapsible Stock is entirely cosmetic and won't effect your stats.
    • The Collapsible Stock will make your weapon look like the AS VAL with a shortened magazine.

If you want a loadout, I recommend you this:

• TA01 ACOG
    • Stubby Grip
    • Tri Laser

Trivia

• It used to have extremely high recoil making full auto nearly useless.
    • It is the only DMR in the game with a full auto option.
    • The devs have stated this gun would never get an extended magazine.

My opinion on this gun

Quite a strange gun.

It is a DMR with an emergency self defense full auto option.
    I do not have special feelings towards this gun.

I rate this gun a 8/10.

Click to go back to the Gun Reviews Hub

• Regular

VSS is just an angrier AS Val

• Regular

Corgerus The deadlier AS VAL.

• SR-3M? Darkman, I think you need to sleep more 😂

• Regular