Darkman's gun review - SL-8

• Click to go back to the Gun Reviews Hub

7bb9920f-db0f-49ff-b854-14accd059c3d-image.png

Overview

The SL-8 is the civilian semi automatic version of the G36.
    It is unlocked at Rank 34!

This rifle behaves mostly like an assault rifle that is stuck in semi automatic, but with more power.
    It deals 38 -> 28 damage and stays this way until 88 studs while firing at a high 650 RPM, it also has very high muzzle velocity!
    Unlike other DMR's, this rifle uses 5.56x45mm NATO and also uses 30 round magazines making this the highest capacity possible in the DMR section without the use of attachments.
    It may be the weakest DMR but that does not mean it is useless.

This gun has relatively low recoil making hitting shots easy, it becomes harder with spam clicking but attachments can solve that.
    The SL-8 is also super accurate in hipfire, along with the high RPM makes this very useful at self defense.

The iron sights are quite clear and usable.

.300 Conv

Changes your ammo to .300 Whisper, this turns your SL-8 into the SL-9!
    A subsonic bullet that matches well with suppressors, but also useful to increase damage!

(+) Reduced sound volume.
    (+) Increases damage to 50 -> 40.
    (+) Increases torso multiplier to x1.35, allowing 2 hit bodyshots at any range!
    (+) Doubled headshot multiplier, allowing 1 hit headshots at any range!
    (-) Dramatic reduction in muzzle velocity to 1500 studs/s!
    (-) Dramatic reduction in fire rate to 390 RPM!
    (-) Increased recoil!
    (-) Halved maximum range.
    (-) Halved suppression.
    (-) Magazine capacity reduced to 10!
    (-) Ammo reserve reduced to 90!

This is an extremely deadly conversion, do not underestimate this.

Attachments

The SL-8 features some unique attachments, the only ones being Long Barrel, Romanian Grip, Hera CQR Grip and .300 Conv.!

• Since this weapon fires 5.56x45mm NATO, this weapon has access to the .223 Rem ammo type!
    • Since this weapon is part of the G36 series, the Hensoldt 3x Sight is a free optional optic attachment.
    • Be aware that the Hensoldt 3X Sight is not a very clear sight, obstructing alot of your view.
    • As of now in the Test Place, certain optic attachments will automatically equip the Hensoldt 3x Scope with your optic ontop of it, giving you the ability to switch between sights with "T"

If you want a loadout, I recommend you this:

• TA01 ACOG
    • Muzzle Brake
    • Stubby Grip
    • Tri Laser

If you wish for lower recoil, use the .223 Rem ammo type, it won't harm your gun's damage but muzzle velocity will be damaged.
    The DDHB Reflex is one of the sights that give you the Hensoldt 3x Sight as alternative aim.

Trivia

• When this gun was added, it only had a 20 round magazine.
    • The SL in SL-8 means Self Loading.

My opinion on this gun

The moment I had my hands on it, I loved it.

I do not see why people dislike it so much, it is actually a really good DMR.
    Especially now with the .300 Conv.
    Come on, give it a try.

I rate this a 9/10!

Click to go back to the Gun Reviews Hub

• Trivia:
    Since there is an indent in the magazine well, it should only be able to accept 10-round magazines.
    The SL9 should have a suppressor and be known as the SL9SD.
    The SL9 is the only weapon in the game to fire .300 Whisper.
    There is a newer Heckler and Koch civilian G36 variant, the HK243.

• Darkman_Bree said in Darkman's gun review - SL-8:

I do not see why people dislike it so much, it is actually a really good DMR.

Someone who can relate!

• @Ikea-Cat Added.

• I like to call it the "sleight" (sl-eight)