Darkman's gun review - SKS

• Click to go back to the Gun Reviews Hub

0bb525fd-e1af-49ef-b17c-0093dd691921-image.png

Overview

The SKS is an old rifle which is modernized ingame with a retractable stock, pistol grip and detachable magazine.
    It is unlocked at Rank 13!

The SKS's role in DMR's is simple, it has a high fire rate with some lower damage and a fast reload, it has the fastest empty reload in class!

It deals 40 -> 32 damage and like the MK11 it has a x1.2 torso multiplier and x1.5 head multiplier allowing 3 hit torso kills at long range and 2 hit headshots at close range.
    This combined with a high 480 RPM can proof it to be a deadly weapon.

It has very low recoil and can hit shots very easily especially with attachments equipped, it can also be proven itself worthy for close range usage.
    This weapon also has an incredibly accurate hipfire accuracy, so take advantage of that!

76dcc0a7-5a14-47ff-894c-2d080adf9ded-image.png

.366 (Buckshot)

Turns your SKS into the VPO-208 shotgun!

You will now fire 8 pellets per shot dealing 25 -> 18 damage per pellet firing at a reduced fire rate of 350 RPM.
    You can stay 4 pellet killing enemies up to 70 studs making this a powerful shotgun, but it has a wide choke equal to the KSG-12 and SAIGA-12!
    Uses 10 round magazines and can be reloaded very quickly.

6c5c017a-0acc-4cbe-bb8c-2131a1033729-image.png

.366 (Slugs)

Turns your SKS into the VPO-208 shotgun!

This conversion uses Slugs making your SKS even deadlier with sniping, but keep in mind of the 0.27 choke it has, so it is not 100% accurate at long range.
    Lowered fire rate but damage increases to 75 -> 45, it can two hit torso kill at any range and can one hit headshot at any range too!
    Lowered magazine capacity to 10 and lower muzzle velocity making sniping harder.

Attachments

The SKS has some unique attachments, which are the Short Barrel, Romanian Grip, Hera CQR Grip, Retract Stock, Full Stock, .366 (Buckshot) and .366 (Slugs)

• Full Stock returns the original wooden SKS model without pistol grip except for the magazine.

If you wish to use a Suppressor, any will do, none of them will give a harsh loss of damage.

If you want a loadout, I recommend you this:

• OKP-7
    • Muzzle Brake
    • Stubby Grip
    • Full Stock

Replace the Stubby Grip with an Angled Grip if you are using the .366 (Buckshot) conversion, Angled Grips are recommended for shotgun type guns, it provides a stable reduction in recoil!
    Use a scope if you wish to use .366 (Slugs).

Trivia

• According to some old information, the SKS used to had 1000 RPM somewhere in Alpha or Beta.
    • This SKS is heavily modified, the original one is made out of wood, has an internal magazine accepting stripper clips and a full stock on default.

My opinion on this gun

A rifle that is lackluster in ways but makes up in other ways.

I'm not really a fan of using this as a DMR but as a shotgun I LOVE IT!
    This is one of the best shotguns!

I rate this gun a 9/10!

Click to go back to the Gun Reviews Hub

• I wish one day we can use stripper clips with it...

• I actually use this as an assault rifle. It is technically a carbine, it's name literally has carbine in it.

It was the AK47 before the AK47. It works pretty well as one, and I can constantly pick up ammo from dropped assault rifles and carbines.

10/10 would use in CQC.

• Alistair_nat Yes, clips are awesome. The reload just feels faster.

• @Pulse I rather use the M107 over this

• Trivia:
    The Full Stock in-game actually is a straight grip stock that looks like it's been ripped from the Mosin as opposed to a semi-grip stock on the original SKS.
    The original SKS has a fixed magazine and is loaded individually or from a stripper clip.
    .366 TKM does not have buckshot, only birdshot and slugs.

• im sorry but rpk is better