Darkman's gun review - AK105
The AK105 is the 5.45x39mm carbine version of the AK103 assault rifle.
It is unlocked at Rank 105!
It is a fairly slow RPM carbine dealing 36 -> 20 damage, it fires at 600 RPM which is slow for any AK using 5.45x39mm, but it matches the AK103's RPM.
It has high muzzle velocity for a carbine, being the 2nd highest only being beaten by the G36K!
The AK105 has relatively low recoil, it can be improved much more with attachments and can be one of the more controllable carbines out there.
The AK105 has access to the BARS Barrel attachment, this will rename your gun to AK107!
Technically this turns your AK105 into an assault rifle.
(+) Nearly all vertical recoil eliminated.
(+) Increased RPM to 850!
(+) Increased muzzle velocity to 2500!
(+) Increased minimum range!
(+) Increased headshot multiplier to x1.49!
(+) Great improvement on hipfire!
(-) Slight bit of leftover horizontal recoil.
(-) Decreased max damage to 33!
(-) Large decrease in aim speed and aiming walkspeed.
Uses 35 round 5.56x45mm NATO magazines from the Galil series, this technically turns your AK105 to the AK102 but the renaming does not happen ingame.
- (+) Increased minimum damage to 24!
- (+) Increased magazine capacity to 35!
- (+) Increased ammo reserve to 140!
- (+) Slight increase in minimum range!
- (+) Decreased recoil!
- (-) Decreased maximum damage to 32!
- (-) Slight decrease in maximum range!
The AK105 has a wide arsenal in unique attachments, being the Short Barrel, Long Barrel, BARS Barrel, Romanian Grip, Hera CQR Grip, Remove Stock, Retract Stock, and 5.56 Conv.
- Since this gun fires 5.45x39mm, this gun has access to the Super Armor P. ammo type.
- Equipping the Long Barrel technically turns your AK105 into the AK74M!
- You can combine the BARS Barrel and 5.56 Conv for an interesting combo.
If you want a loadout, I recommend you this:
- Angled Grip
- Tri Laser
Use 5.56 Conv if you want lower recoil, but you will lose out on close range performance, but your long range performance will be better!
- At one point, the AK105 has access to the Extended Magazine, but this was cut out in favor of the BARS Barrel and 5.56 Conv.
- The AK105 was very trash talked due to it's extremely poor stats, It has been buffed several times now, now it actually being somewhat decent.
My opinion on this gun
Yeah, I don't like using this gun.
It's kinda weak and slow, but atleast the BARS Barrel and 5.56 Conv make it more interesting.
But this is still miles better than it used to be.
I rate this gun a 7.5/10!