Darkman's gun review - M4

• Regular

Click to go back to the Gun Reviews Hub

f1adfe20-7039-47d8-8917-1070034bf026-image.png

Overview

The M4 is an American Carbine like the M4A1 but this one fires triple burst instead of full auto.
    This gun is unlocked at Rank 14!

This gun fires much faster than the M4A1, It fires at 950 RPM instead of the M4A1's 780 RPM, it also does 1 extra max damage because why not?
    The triple burst will demolish someone at close range at a fast rate if the entire burst hits, which is likely, but it loses power after 50 studs.

The M4 also has better recoil control and reloads a little bit faster than the M4A1 to cover up for the loss of Full Auto.
    It may be burst but that does not mean it is unusable!

Did you know that the M4 used to be the true starter weapon in Phantom Forces? It got changed in 2.0 where the Glock 17, AK-12 and M4A1 became free and the M60 and M4 became ranked weapons!

This gun uses the same iron sights as the M4A1, it's a clear and usable sight!

fb742c58-ee94-4b1e-a8ee-8cd7f6a3074d-image.png

.223 Rem

This gun has a special attribute to the .223 Rem ammo attachment.
    It still has the stats of the normal .223 Rem but it is combined with the stats of an Extended Magazine aswell!

(+) Magazine capacity increased to 40!
    (+) Reduced recoil!
    (-) Decreased damage to 33.25 -> 17.1!
    (-) Increased reload duration!
    (-) Decreased aim speed!
    (-) Reduced muzzle velocity!

So if you really want that extended magazine, keep in mind of the cons here, especially the damage and reload time, but you do get lower recoil for it!

e3257ab0-d78e-45ec-8ff1-8fa13bb861a9-image.png

7.62x39 Conv.

Much like the other AR-15 rifles, the M4 can use 7.62x39mm Grendel Magazines as conversion!

(+) Increases damage to 39.37 -> 20.72! (Now capable of 5 hit kills at long range)
    (+) Increased minimum range!
    (-) Decreased muzzle velocity!
    (-) Increased recoil!
    (-) Decreased magazine capacity to 20!

This should improve your long range performance of your M4, It won't do much with Burst though, so set it to Semi before firing at long range with this!

Attachments

The M4 has similar attachments as the M4A1, it even shares model, Well the exclusive attachments are the Carry Handle Sight, Short Barrel, Hera CQR Grip, Full Stock, Retract Stock, Remove Stock and 7.62x39 Conv.
    Since this gun is using 5.56x45mm NATO, it has access to the .223 Rem ammo type!

If you want a loadout, I recommend you this:

• DDHB Reflex
    • Muzzle Brake
    • Stubby Grip
    • Full Stock

Full Stock will reduce your recoil overall.
    If you want even lower recoil, use .223 Remington, but you will lose your ability to 3 hit kill at close range!

Trivia

• Back in earlier Beta, this weapon used to fire in full auto while also having a Burst option, eventually the M4's were remodelled and the M4 and M4A1 were split, the M4 remained a free burst gun and the M4A1 became a Rank 14 full auto gun.
      • Later on, the M4 and M4A1 got switched in ranks.

My opinion on this gun

I played during the Beta, so yes, this was my starter gun, A burst gun.
    And it played actually well, My 14 CPS finger spamming did wonders!

I do like this gun, it shouldn't be ignored even though it's a Burst weapon, trust me, Burst weapons are still good weapons!

I rate this gun a 8.5/10!

Click to go back to the Gun Reviews Hub

• @Ikea-Cat Bruh the M4A4 in CSGO is a MK18

• Darkman_Bree said in Darkman's gun review - M4:

I played during the Beta, so yes, this was my starter gun, A burst gun.

During the Beta it had Auto, Burst, and Semi.

• Regular

PhantomSoldier @Ikea-Cat

I started playing late Beta after that change.
    I heard about the M4 having all fire modes which was split into the M4 and M4A1.

• Darkman_Bree said in Darkman's gun review - M4:

I heard about the M4 having all fire modes which was split into the M4 and M4A1.

Yes. Don't know what Ikea is saying.

• @Ikea-Cat
    A. W R O N G P L A C E
    B. The M4A4 doesn't exist.

• Regular

And edited this review for the .223 Rem changes.
    Just 2 more guns to go.