Darkman's gun review - M4A1

• Click to go back to the Gun Reviews Hub

dc9080a4-edca-4b75-ba99-f36de9c6ee77-image.png

Overview

The M4A1 is an American Carbine, and is one of the starter weapons in the game!

While the AK12 has better accuracy and better long range performance, the M4A1 shines more at closer range!
    The M4A1 will deal a deadly 34 -> 19 damage firing at 780 RPM!
    At long range, this gun becomes weaker, it's not recommended to fight long ranges with the M4A1 but I can't stop you right? Tap firing always works even with the weakest gun. (Except for shotguns)

The M4A1 does not have much recoil and reloads very fast, It is also a stable weapon for hipfire.
    It is exactly how you should expect a Carbine!

The iron sights are clear to use, just like on the M16A3 and M16A4!

In conclusion, the M4A1 is a really good alternative starter weapon if you do not like the AK12 or wish for a closer ranged weapon!

7.62x39 Conv.

Much like the other AR-15 rifles, the M4A1 can use 7.62x39mm Grendel Magazines as conversion!

(+) Increases damage to 38.25 -> 20.72! (Now capable of 5 hit kills at long range)
    (+) Increased minimum range!
    (-) Decreased muzzle velocity!
    (-) Increased recoil!
    (-) Decreased magazine capacity to 20!

Pack more power into your M4A1!
    You will need to accept the 20 round magazines though, but this will make your M4A1 stronger for long ranges!

Attachments

The M4A1 can be customized in various ways just like the M16 series, the exclusive attachments are almost the same as the M16's: Carry Handle Sight, Short Barrel, Hera CQR Grip, Full Stock, Retract Stock, Remove Stock and 7.62x39 Conv.
    Since this gun is using 5.56x45mm NATO, it has access to the .223 Rem ammo type!

If you want a loadout, I recommend you this:

• DDHB Reflex
    • Muzzle Brake
    • Stubby Grip
    • Full Stock

Full Stock will reduce your recoil overall.
    If you want even lower recoil, use .223 Remington, but you will lose your ability to 3 hit kill at close range!

My opinion on this gun

This is a great starter weapon!

The M4A1 is exactly what you expect it to be, a strong close range weapon with fast reload!
    Even if you are a very high rank, the M4A1 can still be fun to use, don't leave it in the dust for the higher ranked weapons!

I rate this gun a 9/10!

Click to go back to the Gun Reviews Hub

• Also trying something new on my reviews: Mentions

• Anytime I mention the weapon that is being reviewed, I will put it in bold text!
    • Anytime I mention a different weapon, I will try to make a reference link to that review!
      • This will be hard though for weapons that aren't reviewed yet, I'll try to edit it if I find them unlinked.
      • Mentions towards a weapon series (FAL series, SA80 series, M16's, AR-15 series,...) will not be reference linked since I can't put 2 links at the same time.

• Can someone tell me what the different grips do?

• Ikea Cat I'm only really familiar with the 4 original grips a bit + 2 others.

The first 4 grips will also reduce aiming speed.

• Vertical Grip improves hipfire stability while making aiming recoil worse.
    • Angled Grip has an average reduction in aiming recoil with a very small hipfire nerf, not too much.
    • Folding Grip improves camera recoil but makes the gun recoil worse.
    • Stubby Grip improves overall recoil but worsens hipfire recoil.
    • Chainsaw Grip improves hipfire recoil but does not let you aim.
    • Skeleton Grip makes aiming speed faster but makes recoil worse.

• Darkman_Bree Could you also do the suppressors?

• Banned

Ikea Cat if it doesnt reduce shots to kill, its a good suppressor

• Ikea Cat Suppressors is just: Don't use unless you REALLY want it, and look at the damage reductions.

Do not let your damage go below: 16, 20, 25, 33.4, 50, 100
    Those are hits to kill 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1 in order.

• Darkman_Bree said in Darkman's gun review - M4A1:

• Anytime I mention a different weapon, I will try to make a reference link to that review!
      • This will be hard though for weapons that aren't reviewed yet, I'll try to edit it if I find them unlinked.

I see the inspiration. I have been doing this since I first started my reviews.

• Darkman_Bree Sorry for asking again, but could you also do the different Ammo types?

• Darkman_Bree Skelly grip also makes the gun lighter and improves handling. Somehow. It counteracts the effects of the long barrel in terms of weight and draw/ADS time.

• Ikea Cat Armor Piercing is just extra penetration for halved max range, useless.
    And Hollow Point is extra close range damage for less long range damage, less penetration, less suppression, useless.

• Darkman_Bree Thanks!

• CS:GO M4A1-S setup
    -None
    -Suppressor
    -None
    -None
    -7.62x39 Conv.??

The CS:GO model have 25 rounds (used to had 20) so its your choice to use the Conv. or not.