Darkman's gun review - BEOWULF ECR

• Regular

Click to go back to the Gun Reviews Hub

b4809b24-8d95-47f2-9319-20d94a0ad003-image.png

Overview

The Beowulf ECR is an AR-15 platform weapon using the powerful .50 Beowulf!
    It is unlocked at Rank 21!

This weapon deals insane damage towards enemies, if not the highest damage of all automatic weapons dealing 52 -> 30 damage, That is enough to 2 hit kill anyone up close!
    The extreme power comes at a cost though, You only have a 10 round magazine, a lengthy reload, low muzzle velocity and crazy recoil!
    Because of the 780 RPM and low magazine, you will burn through ammo very quickly, so be careful when to shoot, Use Burst or Semi mode to prevent ammo waste!
    It also has a x1.1 torso multiplier to deal even more damage, keep that in mind!

Because of the big round, penetration depth and suppression are very high on this weapon!

The iron sights of this weapon are alright, but not suited for such high recoil, You can still see through it though.

.458 Conv.

Replace your .50 Beowulf with .458 SOCOM rounds!

Effectively reduces your recoil, increases muzzle velocity and aim speed.
    But max range and damage are reduced, You will only deal 45.5 -> 24 damage now but the x1.1 torso multiplier is enough to still 2 hit up close and 4 hit at far distance!

5.56 Conv.

Turn your Beowulf ECR into a normal assault rifle with 5.56x45mm NATO ammo!

Returns your 30 round magazine and 120 ammo reserve!
    Recoil reduced by alot, muzzle velocity increased, aim speed and walk speed increased.
    But this comes at some costs: Heavily reduced damage to 34 -> 20, Reduced max range, penetration depth, suppression and torso multiplier!

Adds some choke because why would you put 5.56x45mm into a rifle designed for .50 Beowulf?

Attachments

The Beowulf ECR has some unique attachments being the: Hera CQR Grip, Collapsible Stock, Retract Stock, Remove Stock, .458 Conv. and 5.56 Conv.
    The Carry Handle Sight optic is free on this weapon!
    The Collapsible Stock does not effect stats in anyway and is purely cosmetic!

If you want a loadout, I recommend you this:

• DDHB Reflex
    • Compensator
    • Stubby Grip
    • Tri Laser

Use .458 Conv if you want lower recoil while keeping your very high Beowulf damage atleast on torso damage or use 5.56 Conv. if you want a strong assault rifle!

Trivia

• In the CTE, there was a scrapped weapon that was extremely similar like this: The AR-15/50!
    • This gun used to be alot weaker until it was rebalanced to be very strong.
      • During that time, the firing sound was exactly the same as the AR-15 series and reloaded as fast as them.
    • This gun used to be on Semi firemode by default, but you could still change it to Auto, it was annoying to do though.

My opinion on this gun

This gun is special.

While very hard to use for new players, it is a very strong gun to experienced players!
    It's super easy to shred enemies, however not ideal for groups.
    There is no way you can outgun this weapon at close without a shotgun, and I like it!

I rate this gun 9.5/10!

Click to go back to the Gun Reviews Hub

• 5.56 godly

but vss better :>

• I love this gun as it lets you be a goddamn menace to the enemy team if you flank a lot, and there ain't a goddamn thing they can do about it.

• choke on 5.56 conv

what the fuck, don't you just switch uppers to .458 SOCOM and 5.56x45 caliber for conversions? why the fuck is there choke? I doubt 5.56 or .458 would even chamber in a .50 beowulf upper