Darkman's gun review - C7A2

• Click to go back to the Gun Reviews Hub

29f0faff-4ccb-4317-8015-54bf6c3fd2be-image.png

Overview

The C7A2 is a Canadian assault rifle based off the M16A2.
    It is unlocked at Rank 128!

The C7A2 has moderate recoil and low damage firing at 800 RPM.
    It also has a lower suppression and penetration depth than the M16A3.
    But the C7A2 is good for headshotting, having a x1.5 headshot multiplier instead of x1.4, it also reloads 0.1 seconds faster and has the fancy HK416 reload finisher at the end of an empty reload.

So at first glance, this weapon is not that good, however, you can really improve it with attachments!

The C7A2 uses the special Carry Handle Sight optic on default which does not have a carry handle, but the sightlines are still the same like the M16's, they are clear and usable!

f534f64c-ff11-4498-b440-bc2bb926f6be-image.png

7.62x39 Conv.

Much like many other AR-15 weapons, this weapon has access to the 7.62x39mm conversion using 20 round Grendel Magazines.
    You will get a nice upgrade in damage, now dealing 32.62->20.72 damage, Your C7A2 now performs better at long range!

Keep in mind while your C7A2 is stronger now at long range, it also has more recoil and less muzzle velocity, but the recoil is actually quite stable with a good attachment loadout.
    Also keep in mind that you only have a 20 round magazine!

701118a2-c5c2-4993-bbc5-f6f16e6a4198-image.png

.45 Conv.

Thanks to CNC Gunsmithing, your C7A2 can accept .45 ACP magazines, although in real life it is illegal, but you are in a war where murder is legal!

You now deal 34 -> 18 damage and firing at 100 higher RPM. (900 RPM), making it a deadly weapon up close while becoming weaker at long range.
    Also the x1.5 headshot multiplier is lowered to x1.4.
    Penetration depth, muzzle velocity and range are also lowered.

More recoil while aiming, but hipfire is more stable than ever!

Combine this with Short Barrel for a Canadian Colt SMG.

Attachments

The C7A2 has quite a bunch of unique attachments, being the Carry Handle Sight, Short Barrel, Long Barrel, Hera CQR Grip, Retract Stock, Remove Stock, Full Stock, 7.62x39 Conv. and .45 Conv!
    Since this gun is using 5.56x45mm NATO, it has access to the .223 Rem ammo type!
    The C79 optic is free to use on this weapon, use it for the true Canadian C7A2 experience!
    The Long Barrel changes your handguard to like the Colt LMG's handguard but in green!

If you wish to use a suppressor, you should have no problem using one, any will do!

If you want a loadout, I recommend you this:

• DDHB Reflex
    • Muzzle Brake
    • Angled Grip
    • Full Stock

If you wish to have lower recoil, use .223 Rem, it won't make your hits to kill worse on this weapon!
    This attachment loadout also works well with the 7.62x39 Conv. and .45 Conv.

Trivia

• This gun appeared in the Alpha version of the game but was removed along with other guns.
    • This gun used to have different firing sounds but they ended up scrapped.
    • There was alot of talk by the developers on how this gun should be unlocked, they didn't want this special weapon to be unlocked the normal rank way (but eventually it did):
      • Only usable by Vets.
      • Mission reward.
      • Event reward.

My opinion on this gun

Much like the Type 88, This gun gives me a special vibe that makes me like them despite being copies.
    For some reason, I like Canada too, I don't even know much about Canada.

I really enjoy using this gun, most often with 7.62x39 Conv.
    I rate this gun 9/10!

Click to go back to the Gun Reviews Hub

• 9.5/10 would C7 again

• Not gonna lie, I find this rifle very good, though I bought it before I reached its required rank

• canadian noises

• You can't use the C7A2 without turning it into a clap gun. Put a long barrel on it, always.

• Corgerus I rather decrease my recoil, not a fan of long barrels outside snipers and revolvers due to the max damage reduction.

• clap gun is hell

• I don't get how the .45 conversion is illegal

• @doublepiedavid pretty sure full autos are illegal irl for civs (or heavily restricted)

• Darkman_Bree So are you doing 2 review a day?

• Banned

vietnam loadout
    carry handle
    none
    none
    full stock
    none/grendel mags
    put a custom skin on it and make it 50,50,50
    there you go you have an m16a1/2

• Ikea Cat Was just bored.

• steamed_ham32 Goddamn PF needs 20 round mags for the AR-15s

• @ILost3Accounts 7.62 Conversion got you covered.

• All suppressors/223 remington reduce the STK with headshots btw.
    Damage0 reducing suppressors make it so that you can't 3sk if you hit a headshot in cqc
    Damage1 reducing suppressors make it so that you can't 5sk if you hit a headshot at long range
    obviously 223/r2/pbs4 do both, so I wouldn't recommend them.

• Darkman_Bree said in Darkman's gun review - C7A2:

DDHB Reflex
    Muzzle Brake
    Angled Grip
    Full Stock

You don't use Long Barrel?

• @dany47474747 No, it sucks on non-snipers.

• Darkman_Bree I understand why you think that, especially now because I just remembered that the muzzle velocity doesn't increase (On the C7A2) and that was also a key part of the Long Barrel

• Darkman_Bree shotgun

• @bfgsuxxx123 niper