Darkman's gun review - TAR-21

• Click to go back to the Gun Reviews Hub

4db4d38e-a0b0-4080-96f4-d2feff32fac3-image.png

Overview

The TAR-21 is an Israeli bullpup rifle.
    It is unlocked at Rank 111!

This rifle has generic damage for an assault rifle (29 -> 22), but fires at 850 RPM, the same fire rate as the HK416.
    To deal more damage, this gun has a x1.1 torso multipler and an increased headshot multiplier being x1.5 instead of x1.4, So make those shots count!

Reloading is punishing, A quite long reload duration but slightly faster than the AUG series.

The recoil of this weapon is punishing at first, the first shot has a hard hitting vertical recoil punch but then stays at a stable height, where then the horizontal recoil comes and ruin your day, so a Compensator is recommended!

The iron sights are likely the best ones in the entire game, A very open, clean and easy to see through sight.

23fdb12a-ac31-4671-9e34-03908bf46f00-image.png

CTAR Barrel

The TAR-21 has access to the CTAR Barrel which turns it into the CTAR-21 carbine, which is litteraly just a shortened barrel version.

The CTAR Barrel will improve your aim speed, aiming walkspeed and significantly improve hipfire stability in trade of reducing muzzle velocity and damage range.

The CTAR Barrel requires no kills, free to use!

3d4795a6-681c-4c06-bc37-099cdd6ea9fa-image.png

Duplex

Uses a special type of 5.56x45mm NATO bullet that splits the bullet into two, improved damage up close if both bullets hit, able to 3-tap kill but makes long range performance alot worse, reducing damage and increasing choke spread.

Muzzle velocity and penetration depth are halved while suppression and min damage range is increased.
    Magazine capacity is reduced to 20 and ammo reserve to 100, but reload speed is significantly faster.

Use this ammo like you would use an auto shotgun.

Attachments

This gun barely has any unique attachments, The only two being the CTAR Barrel and Duplex
    Since this gun fires 5.56x45mm NATO, this gun has access to the .223 Rem ammo type.

If you wish to use a suppressor, any suppressor except the ARS Suppressor will do.

If you want a loadout, I recommend you this:

• DDHB Reflex
    • Compensator
    • Angled Grip
    • Tri Laser

If you wish for lower recoil, use .223 Rem as ammo, but you will lose your 5 hit kill at long range at limbs only, You can still do it on the torso.

Trivia

• Despite being the original weapon of the Tavor series, It was the last one to be added to the test place.
    • The CTAR conversion is the first name changing conversion to ever be added to the game.

My opinion on this gun

I do not use this gun often, I don't have much to say about it.
    But I have no complaints either.

I rate this gun 7.5/10

Click to go back to the Gun Reviews Hub

• I once dropped 87 kills with it on crane site.

• HOW DID THIS HAPPEN I LOG ON AND YOU HAVE 2 NEW GUN REVIEWS

• Actually if you use the .223 ammo you still retain the 5 shot kill due to the torso multiplier

• brandonn80 Oh yeah true.