Darkman's gun review - HK416

• Regular

Click to go back to the Gun Reviews Hub

763d5b97-1ba9-4e99-b77d-bc6c3b2e17a1-image.png

Overview

The HK416 is a German Assault Rifle that was a youtuber meta gun.
    Now that it's no longer meta, the gun is no longer as hated by the community as before.
    It is unlocked at Rank 64!

This rifle deals a powerful 31 -> 24 damage, just not enough to improve hits to kill but it will do wonders on enemies that are slightly hurt.
    This damage with a powerful fire rate of 850 RPM will melt people at a fast rate, however the recoil though...
    The recoil of this weapon is not that great with no attachments, this needs to be improved if you want to fire full auto at longer ranges.
    This gun is quite stable for hipfire.

This weapon reloads slow for an AR-15 platform weapon, but it does reload in style, so maybe that makes up for it?

The iron sights are small, not really easy to use for mid range, but you can swap it for a free Carry Handle Sight in the Optics if you wish.

.300 Conv.

This conversion will rename your HK416 to the HK337.

This conversion switches your ammo to .300 Blackout, now dealing 34 -> 19 damage, giving you the ability to 3-hit kill at close range but reduce your hits to kill on long range to 6.
    RPM is also reduced by 100, which will make your gun more controllable.

You will lose out on a bit of hipfire stability, max range and muzzle velocity, but your suppression is doubled!
    Weapon recoil recovery is reduced aswell.

Attachments

The HK416 has some unique attachments, being the Carry Handle Sight, Short Barrel, Long Barrel, Hera CQR Grip, Retract Stock, Full Stock and .300 Conv.!
    The Carry Handle Sight is free to use and can be equipped at anytime you want!
    Since this gun fires 5.56x45mm NATO, this gun has access to the .223 Rem ammo type.

If you wish to use a Suppressor, any will do!

If you want a loadout, I recommend you this:

• DDHB Reflex
    • Compensator
    • Stubby Grip
    • Full Stock

The Full Stock will help out on recoil, but you will lose a bit of hipfire, aim speed and walk speed.
    If you wish for lower recoil, use .223 Rem, it won't affect your hits to kill at all!

Trivia

• This gun was released with different sounds at first.
    • There was a HK417 conversion but got scrapped in favor of adding the gun as a standalone gun.
      • As of November 13th 2020, the HK417 has been added to the test place.
      • The HK417 was also a scrapped CTE weapon.

My opinion on this gun

I hated it before when litteraly everyone was using it because the youtubers overrated it.
    But now that it calmed down, that problem is gone, It's fun to use sometimes, but also feels weak sometimes.
    The reload animation is very satisfying though.

I rate this gun a 7/10!

Click to go back to the Gun Reviews Hub

• hk416 is kinda a jack of all trades, loses out to fast firing smgs in cqc and is not exactly a laser like the augs in lrc. still a pretty good gun to chill with

also in every server i join the hk416 users be like: H A R D C O R E P A R K O U R

• it's still overrated as it is now. Just because it has low recoil and high firerate means that everyone can easily praise it. Essentially a new honey badger now.

Worse cqc damage, worse reload, slightly worse firerate, and maybe worse recoil than the as val
    Sure it has better range and lrc dmg, and bigger mag by default, but as val with ext mag can simply compensate for it. Yet it's neglected while the hk416 is unnecessarily rated so high. It's so stupid.

Other than that, it's well-rounded and slightly above average imo. sometimes fun to use, but as a cqc gunman, i don't use it too often.

• I gotta imagine why the hell do I have a thousand kills on that gun? Probably because of a T-Doll version of the assault rifle or something

• mp10 better uwu

• afaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

• look in bottom left lol

• lmao if you use short barrel and collapse stock on the 416 the recoil feels pretty damn high

it's gonna be a long grind to the HK337 lol

• give afaaaaaaaaaa an award

• What’s best loadout for hk337?

• Regular

moist nugget boi Basically the same loadout I recommend for the HK416.

• Darkman_Bree can you add some gun conversions to the gun lists as some conversions may have a different play style. Just a suggestion. Don’t want to stop you from woking/going to school

• Regular

moist nugget boi What gun list? Do you mean my spreadsheet?

• Yes. For all the conversions

• Regular

moist nugget boi Well, right now it is alphabetically sorted by the custom conversions name, I'll have to redo the entire conversion list again.

• Well. Sorry about the extra work

• Regular

moist nugget boi R.I.P 2 hours of my life.

• New pic has no AFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA