Darkman's gun review - L85A2

• Regular

Click to go back to the Gun Reviews Hub

be9d4505-829a-4f50-8f11-e04d1d8667f0-image.png

Overview

The L85A2 is a British bullpup Assault Rifle.
    It is unlocked at Rank 55!

It deals 28 -> 25 damage which means it will always 4-hit kill no matter what range.
    Since the max and min damages are very close to eachother, the L85A2 will barely lose any power at long range.

This weapon suffers from quite a harsh vertical recoil, but it can be fixed with attachments to make it a deadly weapon!
    It fires at 700 RPM, an average of assault rifles and a decent reload speed.

The iron sights of this weapon are alright, they are usable but not the best.

Attachments

The L85A2 lacks in unique attachments, the only ones being the Short Barrel and Romanian Grip, It used to have a .22 LR conversion but Mar scrapped that.
    Since this gun fires 5.56x45mm NATO, this gun has access to the .223 Rem ammo type.
    Equipping optics will take off the SA80 Carrying Handle.

The carrying handle of this weapon will be replaced by any optic you equip.

If you want a loadout, I recommend you this:

• DDHB Reflex
    • Muzzle Brake
    • Angled Grip
    • Tri Laser

If you want lower recoil, use .223 Rem, but you will lose out on your long range 4-hit kill.

Using this loadout will result in a low recoil, This weapon will become very stable.

Trivia

• There was a L85A1, but it was horribly made and required H&K to actually fix it, this the L85A2 that we know today.
      • There is also now a L85A3!

My opinion on this gun

I enjoy this weapon, especially with the loadout I am using.
    It loses out on so much recoil, becoming so stable to take advantage of the powerful 4-hit kill at all ranges.

I rate this weapon a 9/10!

Click to go back to the Gun Reviews Hub

• I mean, I agree with the rating because L85A2 is cool.

Also I don't know if it's because the game dislikes me or not but as a player who uses L85 nearly all of a time, (aha rule Britannia time kiddies) I've rarely managed to get four hit to kill, but I have little to no doubt it's easily possible.

May have a go with your loadout, as usually I use Eotech 552 sight, loudener - because the L85 in PF doesn't have the same beautiful bang a real one does, shame. -
    Grips often vary, I often actually find I can handle the recoil fine with the standard foregrip.

To be honest I didn't know I was waiting for this review until I found this.

Also who else is hyped to see more of the new L85A3?

• Imagine if the L85A2 gets remodeled into the A3 variant alt text

• @ILost3Accounts Maybe a new weapon?

• @ILost3Accounts Yeah, L85A3 is awesome and is considered far more accurate and lethal than the L85A2, but the A2 is still an iconic British rifle, and I'd rather is was kept along with the A3, rather than replaced by the A3.

Also

just wait and I'll do a suggestion post on this, watch me go

• I made a L22 into an L85 with fast reloads

• i absolutely love this gun considering i only have like 3.8k on it it is one of my favourite ARs in the game

• you can put ap on this gun with zero hit-to-kill penalties, which is scary...
    I really enjoy the gun, but due to my playstyle as a close range fighter, i rarely use it. Nevertheless, it shreds at range and it's one of the highest recommended gun from high ranks. Low ranks, however, usually ignores it. I don't know why but I guess I can't argue opinions.