Darkman's gun review - AUG A3

• Regular

Click to go back to the Gun Reviews Hub

787ebbf8-dc07-4b7f-ad17-df41f00e6551-image.png

Overview

The AUG A3 is another member of the AUG family found in Assault Rifles.
    It is unlocked at Rank 52!

This one is fairly stable in recoil without attachments, likely the lowest recoil of the 3 AUG assault rifles.
    It also fires 20 RPM faster than the AUG A2, which fired 20 RPM faster than the AUG A1!
    This gun also has access to a 3 burst fire mode, Use whenever needed.

It deals good damage at all ranges, so you keep firing full auto with this for almost all ranges!
    This weapon is also noticeably stable in hipfire, Use this as self defense at close range!

Much like the rest of the AUG family, reload duration is an issue, keep that in mind, stay behind cover while reloading!

The iron sights of this weapon are improved compared to the A1 and A2, Along with this weapon's low recoil makes this iron sight one of the better iron sights in Phantom Forces.

.300 Conv.

This AUG has access to the .300 Blackout conversion.
    Your damage will be increased to 36 -> 23.5, you can now 3-hit enemies up close!

However, Muzzle velocity is lowered from 2500 to 2000, range is reduced and recoil is increased noticeably!
    Not adviced for long range fights.

Attachments

The AUG A3 does not have many unique attachments, they are the Short Barrel, Folded Grip, Hera CQR Grip and .300 Conv.!
    Since this gun fires 5.56x45mm NATO, this gun has access to the .223 Rem ammo type.

You can use attachments to make your recoil even lower, this can turn your AUG A3 into a deadly low recoil weapon!

If you love the AUG A1's scope so much, remember that it is available to almost every weapon as a high kill optic attachment!

If you wish to use a Suppressor, the regular Suppressor is the only recommended one, it won't decrease your hits to kill.
    However, if you are using the .300 Conv., your damage becomes high enough to where any suppressor works!

If you want a loadout, I recommend you this:

• DDHB Reflex
    • Compensator
    • Stubby Grip
    • Tri Laser

If you wish for lower recoil, use the .223 Rem ammo, but your long range hits to kill will drop to 6 hits.
    If you want the extra damage, use the .300 Conv. as ammo, Seriously, it's a good ammo conversion, All you have to do with that is watch out for the recoil when doing mid-range fights.

Trivia

• Nothing that I can think of.

My opinion on this gun

This gun is solid, It's one of the guns that really helped me progress when I was a low rank, I was happy with this when I unlocked it, and I still am when I use it.
    I'm glad this low-recoil gun hasn't changed since the Beta.

I give this gun a solid 9/10!

Click to go back to the Gun Reviews Hub

• first.
    ok, I don't really like the aug a3 but cool

• "has not"

:(

• Regular

Hey darkman I have a question. Why do you recommend the Tri Laser for all weapons? I'm just curious as to why. Most people use green laser or blue laser. Do you know how the Tri Laser compares to them?

• Regular

Corgerus The Tri Laser is a combination of the 3 lasers with a lesser degree.
    But the effects are still noticable.

I do not use Tri Laser on everything though, there are guns that are better with the Blue Laser, such as the M231 and Shotguns.

• I main aug a3 (for assault class), and my loadout is:

Coyote
    Muzzle Brake (Don't judge me, I don't have a mouse)
    Stubby Grip
    Blue Laser
    Default ammo

• lol

• what reason is there to use this over the aug a2

• none

• Regular

CrustyRaisins Its stable recoil and the .300 Blackout conversion.

• "stable"
    You need a compensator for sure

• CrustyRaisins aug a2 is bad imo for me, so i use a1 and a3 instead :)

• Regular

Edited, Apparently this thing has a 3-burst firemode option, Never knew.

• I remember that it got a shadownerf like what the hell, I don't notice some nerf to the rifle's recoil