Darkman's gun review - AK47

• Click to go back to the Gun Reviews Hub

d73463c9-ef56-4f32-b624-bdc8b60473db-image.png

Overview

The AK47 is a famous Assault Rifle, if not the most famous gun in the world.
    It is unlocked at Rank 47!

Much like almost all the other AK's, The AK47 has the 2nd slowest fire rate in Assault Rifles, only being beaten by the G11K2 in Full Auto.
    Not only that low fire rate, it also has alot of recoil.

What makes up for the large recoil and low fire rate? The damage, it deals a devestating 42 -> 30 damage, that is alot!
    This high damage allows you to 2-hit headshot up close and 3-hit headshot at long range aswell, so take advantage of that!

The muzzle velocity of this weapon is at the lower end because of the 7.62x39mm cartridge, but if you can master it, this weapon can be very deadly!

The iron sights of the AK47 are easy to use, You should have no problems with them!

.366 (Buckshot)

The AK47 has the ability to use .366 TKM ammo, this will rename your gun to VPO-209!
    Your AK47 will be locked in Semi but will now act like a semi automatic shotgun firing at 350 RPM max, 27 close range damage and 16 long range damage with 8 pellets per shot!
    Your magazine capacity is reduced to 10 and ammo reserve to 40!

Wall penetration and Suppression are reduced dramatically while max range is reduced slightly.
    Recoil is also increased dramatically, so be careful when firing, even at close range where shotguns shine this can still be a problem.

.366 (Slugs)

Much like the Buckshot conversion, this will reduce your magazine capacity to 10 and ammo reserve to 50 while also locking it in Semi firemode firing at 437.5 RPM.
    However, with the Slugs, you do have 3.0 Suppression and 2.0 Wall Penetration this time.

Damage is increased to 81 -> 40 and fires only 1 pellet, Headshots will deal 185.49 -> 91.6 damage, Meaning you can 1 tap headshot someone up close and 2 tap headshot far away, Keep in mind that muzzle velocity is reduced and there is choke, so your shots have RNG spread at long range.
    This conversion also grants you a +20% torso multiplier.

Be careful of the high recoil though, and once again, this conversion has RNG spread, so it is not a 100% accurate DMR.

Attachments

The AK47 has a nice arsenal of unique attachments, which are the Short Barrel, Romanian Grip, Hera CQR Grip, Collapsible Stock, Retract Stock, Remove Stock, .366 (Buckshot) and .366 (Slugs)
    The Collapsible Stock provides no stat changes and is purely cosmetic.

If you wish to use a Suppressor, any will do, none of them will give a harsh loss of damage.

If you want a loadout, I recommend you this:

• OKP-7
    • Compensator
    • Stubby Grip
    • Tri Laser

Replace the Stubby Grip with an Angled Grip if you are using the .366 (Buckshot) conversion, Angled Grips are recommended for shotgun type guns, it provides a stable reduction in recoil!
    Use a scope if you wish to use .366 (Slugs).

Trivia

• You see this gun absolutely everywhere, It would be a shame if a game with guns that isn't WW2 or older does not have this gun or a variant of it.
    • It is often mistaken with the AKM in various games.

My opinion on this gun

I like this gun, it's nostalgic, historic and it can be found in almost every shooter game!
    It really gets the job done, If you reach Rank 47, I really recommend trying this!

I give this gun a solid 9.5/10!

Click to go back to the Gun Reviews Hub

• Since when did AK47 have the ability to get VPO? I thought that was only for AKM and SKS.

• it was added in the tp back in mid July

• tinywasabi It's been there a while like Antifuse said, in the test place.

• Darkman_Bree Ah ok

• Yes, the most famous gun IN THE WORLD

• and it's rlly good, and also pretty good irl

• @Ikea-Cat CSGO's AK is actually the L4D2 AK, but with changes to the model