Darkman's gun review - M16A4

• Click to go back to the Gun Reviews Hub

f1f16888-d958-450d-9c64-c2167d0e62c5-image.png

Overview

The M16A4 is an Assault Rifle that is Burst and Semi only, meaning you cannot fire this in full auto.
    Because of this, the M16A4 is ignored by most new and old players, which is a shame.
    It is unlocked at Rank 22!

The M16A4 is one of the greater burst rifles in the game due to the strong damage (35 damage up close), With this, you can insta burst kill someone at 40 studs or shorter at 900 Rounds Per Minute!

Is your enemy too far? Your long range damage is at a stable 22 damage aswell, and it fires at sniper muzzle velocity (2800), So switching your firemode to Semi and tap firing at long range should be no problem!

The recoil of this weapon is fairly stable and mostly only goes vertical, Compensators are useless!

The iron sights of this weapon are very clean and you should have no problem using them.

ac18cb83-2754-4865-b516-7762ba0fd916-image.png

.223 Rem

This gun has a special attribute to the .223 Rem ammo attachment.
    It still has the stats of the normal .223 Rem but it is combined with the stats of an Extended Magazine aswell!

(+) Magazine capacity increased to 40!
    (+) Reduced recoil!
    (-) Decreased damage to 33.25 -> 19.8!
    (-) Increased reload duration!
    (-) Decreased aim speed!
    (-) Reduced muzzle velocity!

So if you really want that extended magazine, keep in mind of the cons here, especially the damage and reload time, but you do get lower recoil for it!

77216eed-ca23-42fb-9def-b6e828b8bd06-image.png

7.62x39 Conv.

Much like many other AR-15 weapons, this weapon has access to the 7.62x39mm conversion using 20 round Grendel Magazines.
    While this is a nice increase towards your damage, it is not worth it on this gun as it does not improve hits to kill at all.
    You will lose out on 10 bullets in your magazine aswell as muzzle velocity and recoil!
    It's not worth it.

Attachments

The M16A4 can be customized in various ways, having quite some exclusive attachments which are the Carry Handle Sight, Short Barrel, Hera CQR Grip, Collapsible Stock, Retract Stock, Remove Stock and 7.62x39 Conv.
    Since this gun is using 5.56x45mm NATO, it has access to the .223 Rem ammo type!
    The Collapsible Stock does not effect stats in anyway and is purely cosmetic!
    The Carry Handle Sight is free to use!

If you wish to use a Suppressor, only the PBS-1 and PBS-4 Suppressors are recommended, all the other ones will increase shots to kill.

If you want a loadout, I recommend you this:

• DDHB Reflex
    • Muzzle Brake
    • Stubby Grip
    • Tri Laser

Using .223 Rem is a terrible idea on this gun, You will lose out both your 3-hit kill at close range and your 5-hit kill at long range, It is absolutely not worth it.

Trivia

• At one point, this weapon was given 3100 muzzle velocity, the highest of all guns during that time, but it was reverted!
    • This gun along with the M4 went through many changes with the Burst mechanic.

My opinion on this gun

The M16A4 is a solid burst rifle and should not be underestimated.
    When I think of using a burst gun, this one comes to my mind (Unless it's the Test Place, where I use the PPK12 instead)
    Seriously, You gotta give it a try!

I rate this gun 8.5/10!

Click to go back to the Gun Reviews Hub

• Imho, it’s not hits to kill that’s important (so long as it’s a 3sk), as the range is. The 7.62x39mm conversion currently in-game will land one-burst kills out to about 90 studs, looking to be more with the proposed buff on the A4 in the test place.

So yeah, definitely worth.

• https://forum.stylis-studios.com/topic/1055/m16a4/4?_=1600199979923
    I just made a post, about if you have skill it is really good
    haha macro go brrr

• Darkman_Bree said in Darkman's gun review - M16A4:

The M16A4 is a solid burst rifle and should not be underestimated.
    When I think of using a burst gun, this one comes to my mind (Unless it's the Test Place, where I use the PPK12 instead)
    Seriously, You gotta give it a try!

I rate this gun 8.5/10!

Burst weapons aren't my favorite but this gun is ok anyway.

• Updated review for the new .223 Remington that extends the magazine.