Darkman's gun review - AS VAL

• Click to go back to the Gun Reviews Hub

de75742c-22aa-4294-aafc-c11f38331ddc-image.png

Overview

The AS VAL is an Assault Rifle with integrated suppressor, therefore giving you already the advantages of stealth and silence.
    It is unlocked at Rank 15!

This gun deals high damage up close and fires at above average fire rate for an assault rifle, giving you a nice advantage up close.
    The recoil is not bad, but not great either, You'll start to have trouble hitting enemies at further distances so tap fires or getting closer is recommended!
    The muzzle velocity of this weapon is poor too, so long range shots are really not recommended!

This gun only has a 20 round magazine so be careful of your ammo, although this can be extended with the Extended Magazine attachment!
    Players should use this gun like a silenced PDW, Fun fact, in the early stages of PF, the AS VAL was classified as a PDW!

The recoil is hard to reduce because of the lack of barrel attachments, however using a grip and full stock (If you are willing to sacrifice Extended Magazine) will do the trick, it will be more accurate than you think!
    This gun's hipfire stability is also better than most Assault Rifles, keep in mind of that!

The iron sights of this weapon are alright, You should have no problems using them.

Extended Magazine

This is one of the guns in the game featuring an Extended Magazine, and is the first gun in the entire game to do so.
    Equipping this will extend your magazine capacity to 30, but reduce your ammo reserve to 90 and increase reload time, so take these penalties in mind!

Having a 30 round magazine makes this gun more effective than it was already, it's a recommender!

Attachments

Other than the Retract Stock, Full Stock and Extended Magazine, this gun features no unique attachments.
    Since this gun has an integrated suppressor, You do not have access to barrel attachments unfortunately.

If you want a loadout, I recommend you this:

• OKP-7
    • Stubby Grip
    • Extended Magazine

If you wish for lower recoil and don't care about extra ammo, Replace the Extended Magazine with Full Stock and you should be good to go!

Trivia

• First gun to have an Extended Magazine in the entire game.

My opinion on this gun

I enjoy this gun, It has helped me alot!
    Seriously, do not ignore this gun, Give it a try, even without attachments it's powerful!

I rate this gun 8.5/10!

Click to go back to the Gun Reviews Hub

• i wish you could change the colors of the default irons

• tinywasabi Would be cool.

• Also, I feel the pistol grip is better for the AS VAL, it's a literal laser tbh.

• Darkman_Bree said in Darkman's gun review - AS VAL:

I enjoy this gun, It has helped me alot!
    Seriously, do not ignore this gun, Give it a try, even without attachments it's powerful!

I rate this gun 8.5/10!

The RoF and damage plus the low recoil make it melt.

• SR3M feels better and games better for me, since I shredded enemies WHILE LAGGING HARD with it

• M200 VAL has better irons

• tinywasabi VAL tbh also looks better imo.