Darkman's gun review - AN-94

• Click to go back to the Gun Reviews Hub

4575b289-53a9-4be6-89db-240aae223c47-image.png

Overview

The AN-94 is a weird Assault Rifle and is the first Assault Rifle you will unlock!
    It is unlocked at Rank 10!

This gun is in a weird spot, In full auto or semi it only fires at 600 rounds per minute, but with the burst firemode, it fires 2 shots at 1800 rounds per minute!
    The burstfire fires so fast that both bullets fire before the recoil even begins, making for an accurate double shot assault rifle.
    Unfortunately, both Semi and Burst have firing delays, which means you cannot spam them, If you want to constantly fire, use the Auto firemode.

The auto fire mode still fires the first shot as a 2 round burst, but then continues like a normal full auto rifle, so tap firing can be deadly with this weapon but also harder because of double recoil.

Most people consider this gun more as a DMR than an Assault Rifle due to the long range 2-burst shot, which can effectively deal 64 -> 48 damage if both shots hit, or even 89.6 -> 67.2 damage if both shots hit the head, meaning you can two-tap an enemy at any range in the head.

The recoil of this weapon is very low and easy to handle, Attachments are not really needed but are welcome for lower recoils.

The iron sights on this gun are one of the worst in Phantom Forces, you can barely see through them, so it is recommended to unlock optics as soon as possible to replace the horrible iron sights.

22cb8ce5-86d3-42df-948b-91effd14d89a-image.png

7.62 Conv.

The AN-94 features an unique ammo conversion to make it fire 7.62x39mm like the prototype / dummy model.
    If you wish to use this ammo, you will notice improved performance at close range, now being able to 3-hit enemies up close, Not only that, you can even one tap headshot someone with the burst firemode at close range!
    Suppression, penetration depth and damage range is improved aswell.

However, this attachment will increase your recoil to similar to the AK47, and even lower your long range damage and muzzle velocity, making this worse for long range, using this makes the gun less of a DMR but again more of an Assault Rifle.

Attachments

The AN-94 is not very creative in attachments, with the only unique ones being the Romanian Grip, Hera CQR Grip, Retract Stock and 7.62 Conv..
    Since this gun fires 5.45x39mm, this gun has access to the Super Armor P. ammo type.

If you wish to use a Suppressor, any suppressor will do, none of them will hurt the hits to kill amount unless you are using the 7.62x39 Conv.
    Muffler or Oil Filter are the least recommended suppressors, while they do not reduce damage, they reduce fire rate, and that might have impact on your hyperburst.

If you want a loadout, I recommend you this:

• TA01 ACOG
    • Muzzle Brake
    • Angled Grip
    • Tri Laser

This should reduce a little bit more recoil while staying good for hipfire just incase, The 7.62x39 conversion is not worth the sacrifice for me.
    Why the TA01 ACOG? Because this gun can be used at every range, Full Auto for close (or burst if you are good at aiming) and Burst for long range, Just click T to switch between scope and iron sight.

Trivia

• At one point, Armor Piercing increased torso multiplier, making it really powerful at long range, able to two tap burst people in the torso at long range!

My opinion on this gun

Personally I hate this gun, I can't seem to use it right at all.
    I can see people that can use it, but I can't.
    When I'm forced to use it (and I will be forced for conversion grinding), I do not enjoy this gun at all.

I hate to break it to AN-94 fans but I have to personally rate this gun a 4/10.

Click to go back to the Gun Reviews Hub

• I never use the AN-94, I like the concept, but I just don't like it.
    May bee review the AR/M4 series

• Review the AKs.

• No review the ARs

• DerEnte said in Darkman's gun review - AN-94:

I never use the AN-94, I like the concept, but I just don't like it.
    May bee review the AR/M4 series

@ILost3Accounts said in Darkman's gun review - AN-94:

Review the AKs.

Reviews are sorted by catagory and by rank.
    I am currently going down the Assault Rifles by rank, so next up is the AS VAL.

Catagories will go like this:

Assault Rifles
    Battle Rifles
    Carbines
    DMR's
    LMG's
    PDW's
    Shotguns
    Snipers
    Pistols
    Machine Pistols
    Revolvers
    Others

• Bruh..

I stand by the fact that (currently am working on 500 kills per gun) the An94 was one of my most favorite and the most fun gun to use. I only use auto mode though.

• MDT Yeah well, I hate it.

• A fix towards this review, it didn't mention Super Armor Piercing in attachments, woops.

• @steamed_ham32 No please no.

• Darkman when reviewing the FAL:

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes 10000/10 yes

• Edited review to mention the first shot being a burst in full auto.

• oh, lets see if I have it on mine

• my an94 setup:

Malcolm 3x (yes)

Muzzle Brake

Stubby Grip

Blue Laser

No ammo

for some reason shreds (got 33/2 on a late Highway match)

• Darkman_Bree said in Darkman's gun review - AN-94:

Personally I hate this gun, I can't seem to use it right at all.
    I can see people that can use it, but I can't.
    When I'm forced to use it (and I will be forced for conversion grinding), I do not enjoy this gun at all.

I hate to break it to AN-94 fans but I have to personally rate this gun a 4/10.

Yeah, it's pretty hard to use but if you can you will wallbang a lot for some reason.

• PhantomSoldier super app energy