Not too long ago, PF was updated with a new lighting system. PF now supports shadowmaps, a long awaited feature that people have requested. To some, this isn’t new information, the test place has been using shadowmaps for a while. To others, this is completely groundbreaking information.
As per all updates, the situation is currently controversial with many sides praising and reprehending the new lights. Instead of 20 different topics all attacking or defending the lights, lets keep the discussion here.
To start, go ahead and answer this poll. Do note that this isn’t an anonymous poll.
How do the new light changes make maps look?
- The light changes make maps too bright.
- The light changes make maps just right.
- The light changes make maps too dark
How much has your performance changed after the changes?
- My frames have greatly increased (+20fps or better)
- My frames have slightly increased (+10 - +19fps)
- My frames have barely changed if at all (-5 - +5fps)
- My frames have become a little worse (-5 - -10fps)
- My frames have become much worse (-20fps or worse)
- [Don’t know]
What do you think of the light changes?
- I love the new light changes
- I like the new light changes
- I think the light changes are neither good nor bad
- I don’t like the new light changes
- I hate the new light changes
Do note that FPS issues are subject to change. If they do change for you, feel free to change your vote.
The purpose of this topic is to create a discussion. If you have anything you wish to say about the lighting changes, do say them!