Phantom Forces Meta Discussion Thread

this shit is meme-ories

I’ll boil u 4 breakfast

THIS IS A JOKE, IM JABBING AT HIS NAME BEING CASUAL EGG

its fine if you attack me, especially with something like that, I usually take all insults as a joke, I take your insults as a joke, only thing I dont see as a joke is something I see as entertainment, such as an entitled popular teenager that I regularly come across at school, only then is where my insults shine as I can destroy their apparent fame and lead them into tears as I bask in laughter.

I wasn’t attacking you, that was genuinely just supposed to be a bad pun ._."

oof, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Glad to see you back, epic.

Thanks, now THIS is epic!

peter griffin approves

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

body seems unclear

Well, not removes removes, but deals one hit level damage.

I remember the time when Scar-H was buffed from 39-28 dmg to 40-32 dmg. Then Godstatus ranted about that buff and expressed that he doesn’t like battle rifles in general. About 2 months later, Scar-H was nerfed so that it can’t 3shot torso at all ranges. Looking back at the changes, I initially thought it was a good buff that wouldn’t make it too OP. While I understand why 3shot torso at all ranges would be powerful, the fact that no battle rifles can 2shot or 1shot to the head except the g3 and henry would prevent Scar-H from becoming too op. The fact that Fal still has 3shot torso at all ranges and has 700 rpm could be another good reason why Scar-H could have its 3shot torso at all ranges back. Although I am not sure whether buffing min dmg for Scar-H would be a good idea (or small buff in ADS time), I believe the dev would be more comfortable making all battle rifles fire only at semiauto and buffing dmg by small amount if they really wanted to rebalance battle rifles, making them a spammy alternative to dmrs (even if it means sacrificing realism).

AA12 meta change my mind

you forgot to type revive

Given the buff in spread, I believe it is more viable (but it was already balanced). We’ll see if it has a proven record of being competitive with other top tier weapons.
I̶t̶’̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶o̶i̶n̶c̶i̶d̶e̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶I̶ ̶f̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶m̶y̶s̶e̶l̶f̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶f̶i̶r̶s̶t̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶s̶i̶t̶e̶

AA12 is garbage. It can’t go head to head outside of 30 studs, and while it is great at crowd control, that’s only if you catch more than one player off guard.

Might have a break it out use for flanking the KOTH obj in that one map, people love to camp in it. The one with the observatory.

This isn’t the division 2. if they don’t have an auto mode(sans henry) they are not true battle rifles, that makes them discount dmr’s, which is stupid, why do you think we have these “revolver rifles”?

welp I didn’t expect anyone to reply to my first comment ever since I joined the forum

The reason I proposed to make battle rifles somewhat unrealistic at the time is becaue I feel the devs would be reluctant to keep auto mode but make more battle rifles capable of 3shot torso at all ranges. I felt it was unfair that SCAR-H gets its 3shot torso at all ranges nerfed but the FAL 50.00 doesn’t get its 3shot torso at all ranges nerfed despite the fact it has controllable recoil and has 700 RPM.

The easiest solution would be to swap the damage values around, but then you would have problems as well

I can see why some battle rifles are surprisingly hard to balance but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t try. Maybe we could make both SCAR-H and FAL have 3shot torso at all ranges but FAL has somewhat unpredicable recoil?

I’d actually list the AN-94 as a decent counter-meta too. With HP, it can 1-burst to the head at any range iirc. This outperforms like, all the DMR’s and I’d rather use it over the 1858 Carbine any day, due to the 1858 having piss-poor velocity and slightly worse crowd control up close overall.