Votekick System Rework

• Please read the whole thing before giving your opinion.

The votekick system is flawed and can be abused easily. I believe the votekick function should be used for hackers, toxic teammates, glitch exploiters, etc, and not for playing the game better than others. I always keep on getting kicked late-game for what I can assume as being too good. People tend to get annoyed if they get killed over and over again by the same person, so naturally, they want to solve this issue. They either could leave or votekick the "annoying" player. Most of them go by the latter because it can be easily abused and they’re that lazy. They initiate the votekick and everyone just blindly press "Y" since they assume the person did something wrong or they share the same feelings of negativity as others do.

Now, why is this a problem and how can it be solved? It's a problem because I, another player, want to enjoy the game without interruptions. It benefits the greater good if the "annoying" person gets kicked; however, everyone can still be satisfied if the "victims" just leave. I don't have to deal with them and see all my effort disappear, and they don't have to deal with me, killing them again and again with their negative KDR. It should be a win-win situation, but currently, it's a win-loss. It isn't mutual at all. It affects my teammates too, wanting to get a win. But in the end, they still assume I did something wrong when I get kicked. Some guy trailing behind me would think "Man, this guy is taking all my kills, he isn't even better than me!" These high-ranking level 100 tryhards have their ego at stake here, and they want to get rid of this "trash Honey Badger spammer" because they can't actually sink it all in. Well of course, not all level 100 players are like that, I'm just using this to provide insight on how I feel.

How can people stop abusing it? I came up with an idea of how it should happen, though I think it might be a bit too tedious. When someone types "/votekick:hbspammer", instead of initiating it right away, it should count as a type "demerit". This demerit point is saved for only the whole round until someone else also tries to initiate a votekick on the same person, or until the round ends. This avoids newbies, who don't even know what a votekick is, that blindly press "Y". This also provides a second thought into it. Leaving the game would now be an option over doing a tedious trial-like process. If someone sees "[System] XxPhantomForcesGamerxX wants to initiate a votekick on hbspammer (1/2)" in chat, they would think about it just a little bit more and question them "Why even? xD" And if one pro with a server full of noobs tries to votekick someone, he would need to explain himself and convince others why they should even put all the "effort" into typing to votekick the guy. This also gives a chance and some more time for the Honey Badger spammer to explain himself or to quite literally prosecute the initiator for being frustrated. Onto the votekick itself, whenever it does initiate, it has a major flaw. It isn’t even a majority vote, it’s “when the number hits 9 then kick”. The votekick starts at zero players; whenever someone votes “Yes”, it adds 1 to the counter and whenever someone votes “No”, it subtracts 1. If 9 people all vote “Yes” without even giving a chance for others who are too distracted to vote, then the person gets unfairly kicked. The votekick doesn’t even wait to ask for the answers of the others. To fix this, you can simply include the whole server in the votekick, not just 9 or 10, or you can remove the “No = -1” feature and increase the people required to vote “Yes”. It’s quite simple.

I’m tired of getting votekicked, I can’t even enjoy the game anymore. Once I was voted out 5 times in a single day, and it really took a toll on my progress and motivation. If people are convinced that I’m hacking because they can’t really understand what to do to be a bit better, then I understand their misinterpretation. But even so, I still should be given a chance to explain myself, not just a mere 45 seconds.

I’m not sure if any of this can actually work because I do not have a PHD in Psychology and Video Game Design, so if any of my logic is flawed (as in “man this solution does not work”) then please lighten me up.

Edit: I also think Stylis could take inspiration from the CSGO votekick system.

• cheeki The votekick system can be used to kick the following:

-Toxic Players
    -Hackers
    -Spammers
    -Bullies

• Banned

@soldierboy_1988 said in Votekick System Rework:

cheeki The votekick system can be used to kick the following:

-Toxic Players
    -Hackers
    -Spammers
    -Bullies

Believe it or not, you can also be votekicked legally for T-bagging, because the staff stated it is a form of toxicity so.... Don't BM someone lol.

• Audi_t Since when was that a thing

• Can we at least have VK disabled during gun game matches? The meta that I've seen is to always kick the person in the lead which forces me to not play as well until that person was kicked.